Oct 2, 2024
Hi there, i'd like to just quickly clarify, that the shutdowns, are not random, and follow a disturbing pattern.
Under a 3D stress test performed by OCCT, after running for around the 7 min mark, my computer shuts down. without a BSOD, and event viewer is just as confused, this is definitely not temp related. The GPU in this system currently, is brand new, (Under a week old) and has never been overclocked. however, in a peculiar note, and older GPU i used to use, has an identical problem, so this obviously points to an error not related to the GPU, but... i placed the GPU in a different system, the only similarity between both systems being the storage and GPU. and this system presented the exact same issue. and additionally, i have had another GPU between these two cards, and i did not have this issue with that card. i have tried absolutely everything, and to no avail. another peculiar thing is that my 128GB NVME M.2 drive, does not show up, in UEFI, or in windows. I've updated all system drivers, Re-installed windows, updated my UEFI firmware, and tried just about everything under the sun.

My specs are as follows:
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Cooler : AMD ryzen stock cooler
GPU: RX590 GME 2308SP 8GB (the card with the identical problem is a GTX 730 TI)
Motherboard; ASUS Prime A520M-K Software revision 3607
RAM : 16 Corsair DDR4
Storage Device 1 ; PNY 220GB SSD
Storage Device 2 : Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage Device 3 (NVME that doesn't show up) : AXE memory 128GB SSD
PSU: Pulse 650W PSU
Case: Aerocool CS1103

Test bench system:
CPU I7 2700K
CPU cooler : Intel stock cooler
GPU: Same
RAM: 32GB DDR3
Motherboard: not sure, 2011 fujitsu office board
Storage devices : the same, however this board doesn't support NVME
PSU: Identical Power supply, but not the same one, same make and model, different batch.
Case: Aerocool CS1103

Of course if you need any extra info, just send me a message and i'll do my best to respond, Thank you ever so much for the help.
I'm a first time poster, so apologies if i'm doing something wrong

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this the unit you're working with? If so, you should throw that unit in the dumpster and invest in a reliably built unit. How old is the unit in question?

Motherboard; ASUS Prime A520M-K
BIOS version for your motherboard?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your case and the cooler for your GPU.

Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode, to later install the latest GPU driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command?

PSU: Identical Power supply, but not the same one.
You mean you have the same Gigabyte ?

Oct 2, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this the unit you're working with? If so, you should throw that unit in the dumpster and invest in a reliably built unit. How old is the unit in question?

Motherboard; ASUS Prime A520M-K
BIOS version for your motherboard?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your case and the cooler for your GPU.

Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode, to later install the latest GPU driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command?

PSU: Identical Power supply, but not the same one.
You mean you have the same Gigabyte
The unit I'm working with, isn't that specific one, I can't really give much more info on it, other than it being a non modular PSU,and it's about 10 months old, the PSU in the test bench is the same make and model, simply just another batch. the brand name itself is pulse, and as far as I can tell, it's product line is "switching power supply" the psu is actually listed at 600w, but can output up to 650.

For the GPU :Yep, I've totally scrubbed the drivers, and then installed the latest drivers.

I'll add my case info and BIOS revision in a moment, thank you for pointing that out.

Last edited: