[SOLVED] Looking for simple internet kill program on IP change

Sep 30, 2020
I am looking for a simple program that detects when IP address on your computer is changed and it disables your entire computer connection to the internet. I find these kind of method to be the best prevention of exposing your real IP address when using proxy.

Solution
How are you running the so called proxy. Is it something in the browser. For browser based traffic you really don't care if the proxy changes. In many cases it does when you do something as simple as close the web browser. This is not something you can really control since is a extension of the browser.

I am unclear what exactly you are calling a proxy. A true proxy server will actually compromise the security because HTTPS is end to end encryption and having a web server in the middle means you can not do end to end encryption.

Many of so called proxy are cut down vpn services that only do web traffic. There is no such thing as a "free" service. They all must recover the costs of their internet bandwidth and server...

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about your intentions.

The premise of your post being that if someone, somehow changes your IP address then computer is disconnected from the network until you reboot and get another IP address.

What prevents that "someone" from just changing the IP address again?

IP addresses (public and private) can and do change for a number of legitimate reasons.

Which IP address are you targeting?

The public IP address that your ISP gives your router or the private IP address that your router gives to your PC and other network devices?

Disabling a computer whose IP address gets changed is not going to stop "exposure".

You certainly do not want to make your Public IP available to anyone and within your network someone would need either direct or remote access to your computer to force a private network IP address change.

More information is needed.

FYI:

References (and you can easily google for more information and details):

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-private-ip-address-2625970

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/difference-between-private-and-public-ip-addresses#:~:text=Private IP Address and Public IP Address are,address is provided by ISP, Internet Service Provider.

Sep 30, 2020
What am talking about it is the similar thing what the VPN programs have built in and that is internet kill switch. Thing is VPN programs work only when they are running and hiding your public IP and you need to pay them monthly fee for that kind of service. I am looking for program that has built in internet connection disable when your IP address changes or to put it better when you disconnect from your current IP . For instance i am using proxy IP on my computer and i disconnect from it, I don't want to reconnect to internet then with my real IP address.

How are you running the so called proxy. Is it something in the browser. For browser based traffic you really don't care if the proxy changes. In many cases it does when you do something as simple as close the web browser. This is not something you can really control since is a extension of the browser.

I am unclear what exactly you are calling a proxy. A true proxy server will actually compromise the security because HTTPS is end to end encryption and having a web server in the middle means you can not do end to end encryption.

Many of so called proxy are cut down vpn services that only do web traffic. There is no such thing as a "free" service. They all must recover the costs of their internet bandwidth and server as well as paying people who keep things running. Many many of these services do very dishonest stuff.

If you are really worried about security of your IP you should not even consider this method. Any traffic that is not browser based will not use the proxy. This means most games and any other programs that open session not use http/https ports. Many video players embedded in web pages will not use the browser based vpn. If a web page really wanted to is open traffic not using the standard ports. It does not even have to open just attempting it will send a packet to the server with the real IP address.

There are huge issues even with traffic like DNS or similar traffic leaking around VPN you load as programs, the browser based ones are many times worse.

If you really want this secure you run the vpn in the router. No matter what software the PC runs it is impossible to bypass the router.

I strongly suspect that your primary reason is you want something for free. Good lucky finding something that is not a scam. Other wise just spend the $5/month and get one of the larger more popular VPN services. The reason you pay for a service is you don't have to worry about them doing dishonest things or not patching holes that expose your IP or worse.

Some of the so called free services have been caught doing very bad stuff like loading bitcoin miners into peoples machines.

Solution
Sep 30, 2020
I am looking for a cheap solution here indeed, nothing wrong with that. Why pay to VPN services for shared connection, plus on top of that for dedicated IP if i can get dedicated IP with a pptp conncection in windows or some other tunneling protocol.
These is not the safest tunneling protocol from what i know, nor i am aiming for high security, am just looking for internet kill switch program.

Last edited:
Change your firewall setting to only allow connections to the vpn service. ip. You will quickly see why browser based solutions are somewhat limited. You are likely going to have to allow dns.

This will give you a kill switch that is always on unless you have your tunnel active.