Lost administrator rights access

To increase security, I removed administrator rights from my user
name. Now, there is no administrator for my system in "user
Accounts.". I can't access my system. Any way out of this or do I have
to reformat and reload Windows XP.

Zzyzx wrote:
> To increase security, I removed administrator rights from my user
> name. Now, there is no administrator for my system in "user
> Accounts.". I can't access my system. Any way out of this or do I have
> to reformat and reload Windows XP.

By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP
Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL
twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm