[SOLVED] Low FPS on The Forest on 1366x768 resolution while on high and low settings

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017
The performance im getting while playing The Forest keeps on bugging me as I always experience FPS drops and frequent stutters which ruins my encounters with cannibals in the game.

Here is my specs:
R7 1700
RX 570
16GB RAM
320GB HDD
240GB SSD (The forest is installed here)

The performance im getting is a whole lot different than my brother's, since the only difference on our PC is just that he is playing on 1080p, his processor is an i5 9400F, his playing the game on an HDD, and his RAM is 8GB. He's also playing the game with me while he's streaming, while I am not streaming at all. He never experience fps drops and I can also see that his game is running much smoother than mine since we play side by side literally.

So I have no single idea why am I getting this kind of performance since I am playing on a much lower resolution than him, lowering the settings to their lowest does not make the stuttering and fps drop go away at all.

Or should I conclude that the game is not optimized at all for AMD processors?

Note: Sorry for my English it's not my native language.

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017
Yes, OS is installed on HDD since I don't really mind for long startups.
CPU Usage rarely goes to 30+ percentage while it's temp is mostly at 54 Celsius.
GPU Usage is topping up to 100% while the temp rarely goes above 62 Celsius.