[SOLVED] Low GPU Usage in all Games. No ideas left

Dec 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

my Problem is, that my GPU usage is like always under 80%. Sometimes I have spikes up to 90 but thats for seconds. And it cant be Game related, because I have this Issue in every game. (AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk, LoL, Cod MW/Warzone, Watchdogs Leagion)

System:
  • Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro
  • GPU: RTX 2070 from KFA2
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
  • PSU: 700W be quite
  • RAM: 16GB Trident Z clocked to 2933
My CPU is also never at limit. Temps on CPU and GPU are fine as well.
What I already tried is:
  • Different Driver clean Installed
  • Windows reinstalled
  • Different OC settings and no OC
  • AV on and off
  • Energymanagement settings adjusted and Nvidia Control panel all settings to max Perfomance
  • In games is V-Sync disabled
  • Installed a new PSU
  • HPET disabled and enabled
  • bios update
So the weird thing is, Games are working "fine". But if the GPU needs to do more, like when you drive in GTA or Cyberpunk, the FPS drops(obv) but the GPU usage drops too. So 2 sources of fps lose. Nothing is overheated or bottlenecking.

Solution
Hi Guys,

my Problem is, that my GPU usage is like always under 80%. Sometimes I have spikes up to 90 but thats for seconds. And it cant be Game related, because I have this Issue in every game. (AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk, LoL, Cod MW/Warzone, Watchdogs Leagion)

System:
What I already tried is:
  • Windows reinstalled
  • AV on and off
  • Energymanagement settings adjusted and Nvidia Control panel all settings to max Perfomance
  • In games is...
Dec 12, 2020
1080p and yes windows is the current version. Now I did Heaven benchmark but I dont know how to share a link TBH. Had a score of 5766.65
And while Benchmark my GPU usage is always at 99%.. weird.

Hi Guys,

System:
What I already tried is:
  • Windows reinstalled
  • AV on and off
  • In games is V-Sync disabled
  • Installed a new PSU
  • HPET disabled and enabled
  • bios update
So the weird thing is, Games are working "fine". But if the GPU needs to do more, like when you drive in GTA or Cyberpunk, the FPS drops(obv) but the GPU usage drops too. So 2 sources of fps lose. Nothing is overheated or bottlenecking.

Hello!

My first thought reading all this is that this is a CPU bottleneck. For one the only difference between my own CPU, which is a i7 6800K, and your CPU is that you have a 10% better single core performance. My own CPU bottlenecks an RTX 2070 and above not to mention the new RTX 3000 series GPU's which I bottleneck by 20% which is around 40fps.

I have tried warzone and my own CPU was struggling to give the GPU what it needed to do its job as sometimes i saw my usage drop down to 90%. This is even more evident when i tried out the new Cyberpunk game with my current build i was able to pull 30-40fps at 1440p and my CPU was at 50% just trying to handle my GPU 99% to get that 30-40fps. So imagine if i through an RTX card in it, it would be certainly struggling even more.

Take it how you like but it is my opinion this is a CPU bottleneck what especially makes it worse is your at 1080p as lower resolution make bottlenecks more prominent, each CPU's core can only manage a certain amount of frames till it bottlenecks. Also, all these games need optimization for one.

Solution
Dec 12, 2020
All right, thanks for the answer. I had an eye on every core usage while playing and no core got higher than 80%. It was 1 a time and the other were like 50-70%.
I dont know if u saw this graph -> https://ibb.co/FDJg9X9 but my GPU has so much more room for better perfomance. I am never at 90% usage and often just 40-60%.