Jul 26, 2019
Hi, I just recently build me a new gaming pc. But my problem now is that my GPU just uses 50-60% of its power in most of the games I play. I wonder now if I could be a bottleneck of my CPU or something else. Temperatures are fine I checked that. My take is that the PSU might be throttling the GPU or just doesn´t have enough power but I'm not sure. Since I'm not that familiar with pcs I would appreciate your help. Here are my specs.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor
  • GPU: KFA2 PCI-E RTX2070 EX
  • Mobo: B450 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C02) (AM4)
  • Memory: DDR4 PC3000 G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB)
  • Storage: SSD Crucial 1000GB M.2
  • PSU: Be Quiet! PURE POWER 11 500W

Your PSU is a good Model. How old is it though ? On what screen resolution are you playing games ? What happens if you play any game by using Nvidia's DSR feature ?

Does it increase the GPU load/usage ? On which PC games is the GPU load less, because some titles are more CPU-bound.

Jul 26, 2019
What is the resolution you play and what are the games you see this usage?
I play at 1600x900 and the game was Rise of The Tomb Raider
Your PSU is a good Model. How old is it though ? On what screen resolution are you playing games ? What happens if you play any game by using Nvidia's DSR feature ?

Does it increase the GPU load/usage ? On which PC games is the GPU load less, because some titles are more CPU-bound.
The PSU is new the resolution im playing at 1600x900 and DSR feature is off

Jul 26, 2019
Your gpu is really an overkill for this resolution so the card dont need to work at 100%. Maybe consider to buy a 1440p monitor or 1080p 144Hz so you can get the full potential of the card.
But my problem is I barely hit the 60 FPS mark in open field with Ultra settings in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Is that normal for my GPU?

But my problem is I barely hit the 60 FPS mark in open field with Ultra settings in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Is that normal for my GPU?
Shadow of the tomb raider include ray tracing is it enabled? Do you have v-sync or anything that cap the fps enabled? What are the cpu temps? I own a 3rd gen ryzen and the temps are bad especially if you use the stock cooler. The lower you go in resolution the most cpu matters. I still think that if you go higher to resolution will solve all your problems get a 1440p monitor especially if you mostly play single player games like shadow of the tomb raider.

Jul 26, 2019
Shadow of the tomb raider include ray tracing is it enabled? Do you have v-sync or anything that cap the fps enabled? What are the cpu temps? I own a 3rd gen ryzen and the temps are bad especially if you use the stock cooler. The lower you go in resolution the most cpu matters. I still think that if you go higher to resolution will solve all your problems get a 1440p monitor especially if you mostly play single player games like shadow of the tomb raider.
Ray tracing is off. in the game settings, v-sync is off. CPU temps are mostly around 70-80 degrees. so you say it´s just the monitor and if I get a better one the FPS will go up