Question M.2 NVME SSD not showing in file explorer even after disk management volume allocation.

Jun 17, 2024
Hello,
I am a computer novice so apologies if I am missing something obvious here.

I purchased a 'Crucial T500 2TB SSD PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD, Up to 7400MB/s' and installed it into my computer motherboard's (MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon) 2nd m.2 slot as the first one is occupied by a 500gb SSD which came with the computer when I purchased it.

After installing the hardware, I booted the computer up followed the guide to go to drive management, and did the 'new volume' steps on the unallocated drive (black line) that came up. For some reason the drive does not show up in file explorer after this has all bee done, I have tried restarting.

I did see somewhere there may be something to do in the bios for MSI, but would be grateful for any help on what could be the issue and if it is the bios stuff, what I need to do and how I can do it.

I have attached an image of my drive manager settings, Drive 1/SSD is the new one that is not showing up in file explorer etc..

Thanks.

ncpOZFz.jpeg

Last edited:
Solution
You need to add a drive letter for it as well, when you're creating a new volume. So, right-click on the blue line box and select "Change drive letters and paths...".
Once there, you need to "Add.." and then select drive letter for it. Once that is done, drive should show up in file explorer.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You need to add a drive letter for it as well, when you're creating a new volume. So, right-click on the blue line box and select "Change drive letters and paths...".
Once there, you need to "Add.." and then select drive letter for it. Once that is done, drive should show up in file explorer.

Reactions: popatim
Solution