nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
I recently posted a thread about some microstuttering on my RX 580 4 GB that started last week but no one responded. This week the stutter has gotten worse to the point where I can't even play at my normal settings anymore, even trying to lower the settings down to medium in GTA 5 still has major stuttering. Before it would be a smooth 80-90 FPS in Ultra High settings, but now it's completely unplayable for GTA. I've tried various solutions to this this and none of them worked. I tried reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, updating windows, defragging drives, using chkdsk, clearing cached memory, resetting BIOS settings, ending tasks, setting the game to high priority, checking temperatures, changing the fan curve, none of them worked. It's gotten to the point where a GTX 1060 3 GB performs MUCH better with no stuttering. It's very confusing the fact that the week before any stuttering started, it was all smooth. Then all of a sudden major stuttering despite high FPS. The temperatures are fine with normal 60c Temps on my RX 580 full load. There are no viruses on this system, I checked using various softwares like Malwarebytes, RogueKiller, Windows Security. Please help me, I can't enjoy my games with this happening. Especially during this time. Thanks.

Ryzen 2600
16 GB Dual Channel 3000 MHZ
RX 580 4 GB Nitro+
750w Bronze Rated PSU (EVGA B3 750w)

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
What about your CPU temp? Could be thermal throttling. Lot of dust in your case? What is your CPU cooler? What fan setup do you have? What case?
The temperatures are about 40-45c according to Ryzen Master. When I play GTA 5 the load for my CPU is like around 45% and the load for my GPU is around 75%. There isn't any dust as I just cleaned my PC. The CPU Cooler is a 240ex AIO from GamerStorm. I have 5 Fans, 2 in the front pulling, 3 pushing. The case I use is the Phanteks P350x.