[SOLVED] Massive ping spikes after some time PLEASE HELP

Sep 13, 2019
Hello, I am really having a big big issue that i am really not able to solve whatsoever by googling. Ive been doing it for over a month now but nothing. Cleaned my pc several times with a complete negative on AV's (Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, Kaspersky), even tried manually looking up some files that may cause this or perhaps a trojan hiding in the system files but nothing.. I am really at a loss https://prnt.sc/p5r3lq Here's some proof from the resource monitor showing only windows processes...

Using WiFi and a laptop.

Solution
I would try running on a ethernet cable and see if the problem persists and if you get anything different on the tracert.

The tracert you have shows a possible problem in your house. Tracert is a poor tool you have to run it many many time to collect enough data.

Still if you were to show this to your ISP they would point out the 82ms spike in hop1 and blame your router or your PC. This is most likely caused by wifi but they will blame all the other delays on wifi also since it can hide the actual ones.

In any case what you hope to get is traces that consistently show problems in your ISP network but none in your router.
You are going to have to eliminate some things to find the cause.

First I would try with a ethernet cable to make sure it is not just the common wifi issue.

Next run actual ping commands in a cmd window to your router ip and then to some common IP like 8.8.8.8

The goal is to see if the problem is inside or outside your house.

Next run tracert 8.8.8.8 to see if you get lucky and can identify the hop where they delay happens. Tracert does not run a lot of traffic so you might have to use manual ping commands to find it.

Sep 13, 2019
Thanks for the quick response, I looked into the commands you gave me and tried them out, here are the results:

Without lag spike:

1 3 ms 3 ms 5 ms
2 16 ms 13 ms 16 ms
3 13 ms 10 ms 10 ms
4 11 ms 15 ms 21 ms
5 15 ms 25 ms 18 ms
6 19 ms 16 ms 19 ms
7 14 ms 18 ms 25 ms
8 26 ms 19 ms 16 ms

With lag spike:

1 82 ms 1 ms 1 ms
2 15 ms 14 ms 48 ms
3 496 ms 70 ms 67 ms
4 342 ms 49 ms 36 ms
5 202 ms 30 ms 19 ms
6 70 ms 36 ms 26 ms
7 316 ms 285 ms 16 ms 209.85.142.55
8 201 ms 21 ms 24 ms

I left in the strange IP which i have no idea who it or what it is, the other ones with the big ping are my net providers.

EDIT

Just looked up the geolocation of the IP, says USA... I'm nowhere near USA.

I would try running on a ethernet cable and see if the problem persists and if you get anything different on the tracert.

The tracert you have shows a possible problem in your house. Tracert is a poor tool you have to run it many many time to collect enough data.

Still if you were to show this to your ISP they would point out the 82ms spike in hop1 and blame your router or your PC. This is most likely caused by wifi but they will blame all the other delays on wifi also since it can hide the actual ones.

In any case what you hope to get is traces that consistently show problems in your ISP network but none in your router.

Solution