[SOLVED] Maximum safe temp for HIS R7 360 iCooler2 OC 2GB ?

Feb 7, 2021
how much maximum temperature on R7 360 can handle in a safe zone?

i have R7 360 and i try to run some games with full load 100%, but the maximum temp is reach 83°C without install side panel case and can reach 90°C-92°C with install the side panel case, both result is run with default speed rpm fan, is reach on that case is 69% uses at the time
is that normal on this device?

I search many reference from other people that running games with full load on R7 360 and the temperautre is under 80°C but they use a different manufacture like gigabyte or something

Solution
how many maximum temperature on R7 360 can handle in a safe zone?

i have R7 360 and i try to run some games with full load 100%, but the maximum temp is reach 83°C without install side panel case and can reach 90°C-92°C with install the side panel case, both result is run with default speed rpm fan, is reach on that case is 69% uses at the time
i search many reference from other people that running games with full load on R7 360 and the temperautre is under 80°C but they use a different manufacture like gigabyte or something
that card is pretty old, since kepler ages aswell, why dont you repaste the gpu? it'll keep thhe temperature better.
I replaced my GT 730 ddr5 sing gelid gc extreme and it...
how many maximum temperature on R7 360 can handle in a safe zone?

i search many reference from other people that running games with full load on R7 360 and the temperautre is under 80°C but they use a different manufacture like gigabyte or something
that card is pretty old, since kepler ages aswell, why dont you repaste the gpu? it'll keep thhe temperature better.
I replaced my GT 730 ddr5 sing gelid gc extreme and it perfroms really well, i was used to reach 81c before but now it never reach that temp.

Solution
Feb 7, 2021
i just try runnning this GPU on furmark

you can see the result
is this a normal or not?

Screenshot-30.png

after testing full load
asgfasgdasfasf.png

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Wow, that's amazing...
So there's no way to know what's ok and what isn't, except from previous user experiences.

Having looked up pictures of this model, I can tell that the weakest link of this one is the flower type heatsink.
While yes, this card isn't very big on power at all(83w), at the same time, that heatsink doesn't have a very high thermal capacity either.
i try to run some games with full load 100%, but the maximum temp is reach 83°C without install side panel case and can reach 90°C-92°C with install the side panel case,
That's a HUGE change if all you did was remove the side panel. Your chassis' airflow and fan setup is suspect too.

Feb 7, 2021
Wow, that's amazing...
So there's no way to know what's ok and what isn't, except from previous user experiences.

Having looked up pictures of this model, I can tell that the weakest link of this one is the flower type heatsink.
While yes, this card isn't very big on power at all(83w), at the same time, that heatsink doesn't have a very high thermal capacity either.

That's a HUGE change if all you did was remove the side panel. Your chassis' airflow and fan setup is suspect too.
so what i must gonna do beside setup the airflow and remove the side panel
is that i need to change the heatsink? because my gpu heatsink is flower design?

Feb 7, 2021
Nothing you can do about the heatsink, since there wouldn't be any compatible 3rd party coolers for it.

But what is the chassis make and model?
im using enlight infinity poseidon

and for the result that i tell before, the condition is only with 3 fan
2 intake on the front and 1 exhaust on the back

Must be an older model(discontinued), or it goes under a different name - their website doesn't have that exact model listed:
https://enlight-indonesia.com/product-category/casing/
i think i know that kind of casing, op might live in the same country as i am.
Infinity Poseidon is not so good on airflow. if you want to, get Cube Gaming Galve or Byron or Frins, they're good airflow cases. Also repasting the gpu will help (i've said this many times but seems to get ignored).

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Feb 7, 2021
i think i know that kind of casing, op might live in the same country as i am.
Infinity Poseidon is not so good on airflow. if you want to, get Cube Gaming Galve or Byron or Frins, they're good airflow cases. Also repasting the gpu will help (i've said this many times but seems to get ignored).

is that bad this case?
i think the more fan that they bring the more airflow that you get
this cpu case can apply into 6 fan in it

and i don't really ignored you
i just waiting for someone else that have another solution that can i do right now without repaste, or someone have same experience using the same GPU and the stock temp of this series for that much that i get, of course i planning to repaste this gpu with thermal grizzly krynout but before do that i need more advice, maybe without doing some repaste it can be reduce the temperature with another option

FYI
i bought this GPU 2nd hand, and the seller said he already repaste the GPU before they sell, even i bouht this GPU is not yet 1 year, i ask the seller what paste did you use to this GPU and he said he using Deepcool thermal paste, but which one deepcool thermal paste he used we don't know

is that bad this case?
i think the more fan that they bring the more airflow that you get
this cpu case can apply into 6 fan in it

and i don't really ignored you
i just waiting for someone else that have another solution that can i do right now without repaste, or someone have same experience using the same GPU and the stock temp of this series for that much that i get, of course i planning to repaste this gpu with thermal grizzly krynout but before do that i need more advice, maybe without doing some repaste it can be reduce the temperature with another option

FYI
i bought this GPU 2nd hand, and the seller said he already repaste the GPU before they sell, even i bouht this GPU is not yet 1 year, i ask the seller what paste did you use to this GPU and he said he using Deepcool thermal paste, but which one deepcool thermal paste he used we don't know
deepcool thermal paste performance is not pretty good, also i would opt for gelid gc extreme for best performance per price. and yes, replacing the thermal paste could increase the thermal transfer. Repaste + Total clean the gpu heatsinks and fans did increase thermal performance that much. for me it is "that bad" that r7 360 did not get better thermal performance.

Feb 7, 2021
Update

already repaste this GPU with thermal grizzly kryonaut and you can the result
testing with playing genshin impact almost setting is high and i already trying on the most gpu hunger condition like have conditon with many object, gpu load 100%
jhdf.png

the condition
side panel is installed

4 fan intake
-2 intake on the front
-2 intake from bottom

2 fan exhaust
-1 fant on the back
-1 fant on the top(but on the tops is only using 6cm fan, you can count that as a fan)

so how about this now?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Kryonaut bad - for this application, at least.
1)It's viscosity isn't very high, so it's more prone to getting pumped out on the slick, bare silicon die, as opposed to the rougher surface of a cpu's IHS.
Higher heat cycles will also make this worse.

2)https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/16-kryonaut-en
"Kryonaut uses a special structure, which halts the drying out process at temperatures of up to 80° Celsius."
This means it does not last as long under high heat conditions, prompting more frequent re-pastes from you. This stuff is already expensive per gram.
How often? I couldn't tell you, since it varies by how you use the PC.

Feb 7, 2021
maybe arctic mx4. mx5, gelid gc extreme, or noctua nt h2 will help it better. they are more viscosius than kryonaut, and spread better at pressure.
why do you think i must bought those again that in fact is more weak than kryonaut
i spend almost 10 bucks for this thermal paste for only 1gram
this is the best thermal paste on the market right now as long i know

im also already seeing comparation about those thermal and the result kryonaut is still the lowest temp

Feb 7, 2021
Kryonaut bad - for this application, at least.
1)It's viscosity isn't very high, so it's more prone to getting pumped out on the slick, bare silicon die, as opposed to the rougher surface of a cpu's IHS.
Higher heat cycles will also make this worse.

2)https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/16-kryonaut-en
"Kryonaut uses a special structure, which halts the drying out process at temperatures of up to 80° Celsius."
This means it does not last as long under high heat conditions, prompting more frequent re-pastes from you. This stuff is already expensive per gram.
How often? I couldn't tell you, since it varies by how you use the PC.

for now i already fix this problem with msi afterburner that running my fan into 80% speed when it reach 70°C, and yep is stuck on 75°C right now in full load

is this method safe for my GPU fan??

also thanks for your response
but are you have the more way for solution instead only bring me the explanation and warning, i need the solution too

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021
You could say it is weak by specs, while in reality they performs close each other. i tried it and felt the gc extreme more worth the money (y)
I don't see on spec only
I see by many reviewer not only 1 or 2
And the result is kryonaut, kpx, extreme is got the best result
I choose kryonaut because there is official distribution on here
arctic got far away behind this kryonaut man, what are you wanna say again?

if you still push me again yo try another thermal just send me those thermal, because im run out of money. Especially you still use "maybe" that mean you're not sure for the result