Question Mb520 ARGB And The Msi Tomahawk max

Oct 21, 2020
I just got the mb520 argb in the mail today and I plan on getting the msi tomahawk max. Will the argb fans work with the tomahawk max because it has a Argb fan splitter

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
It will not, the B450 Tomahawk Max doesn't have any 3-pin 5 volt ARGB Headers. I'm not sure what kind of fans the mb520s are, but they most likely will come with an ARGB controller, which you would plug all of your fans into, then it will either have a USB 2.0 plug for your motherboard, or just be a button-controlled RGB modes.

Oct 21, 2020
It will not, the B450 Tomahawk Max doesn't have any 3-pin 5 volt ARGB Headers. I'm not sure what kind of fans the mb520s are, but they most likely will come with an ARGB controller, which you would plug all of your fans into, then it will either have a USB 2.0 plug for your motherboard, or just be a button-controlled RGB modes.
Will it still work? It comes with an rgb controller that plugs into a sata port

Oct 21, 2020
And it also comes with a 3 pin fan header that i have to plug into somewhere. it is not a argb header because it has 3pins that all connect. Can i just plug that into a 4 pin system fan header

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Will it still work? It comes with an rgb controller that plugs into a sata port
It dont plug into a SATA port it is powered by a SATA power cable.
You can plug your case reset switch into the controller to change the colors.

Read your manual that comes with the case.

ARGB CONTROLLER
The small ARGB Controller is a mini-sized controller that allows your Addressable RGB such as fans and LED strips to be powered and controlled even in PC systems without an A-RGB capable motherboard.
The controller comes with 14 lighting presets to make full use of the Addressable LEDs in the system and also allows to be completely switched off by long pressing its button.
It is also possible to attach any external 2pin button to it to be able to switch presets without having to open the system. For ease of use, Cooler Master allows the RESET button to be optionally connected to the controller and used as an external ARGB preset switch button.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-mb520-argb/#overview

Oct 21, 2020
It dont plug into a SATA port it is powered by a SATA power cable.
You can plug your case reset switch into the controller to change the colors.

Read your manual that comes with the case.

ARGB CONTROLLER
The small ARGB Controller is a mini-sized controller that allows your Addressable RGB such as fans and LED strips to be powered and controlled even in PC systems without an A-RGB capable motherboard.
The controller comes with 14 lighting presets to make full use of the Addressable LEDs in the system and also allows to be completely switched off by long pressing its button.
It is also possible to attach any external 2pin button to it to be able to switch presets without having to open the system. For ease of use, Cooler Master allows the RESET button to be optionally connected to the controller and used as an external ARGB preset switch button.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-mb520-argb/#overview
But there is also a 3pin fan header.Do i just plug that into a 4pin system fan header

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
i dont get what you mean by, there is 2 fans coming out. i dont get it. Mymobo dosent have a 5v argb header
OK I'll try this one more time.

Each fan has 2 cables coming out of it right?
1 cable is for the fan it gets plugged into the motherboard.
the other cable is for the ARGB you plug that into the supplied 3 way spliter cable that gets plugged into the controller.

Oct 21, 2020
OK I'll try this one more time.

Each fan has 2 cables coming out of it right?
1 cable is for the fan it gets plugged into the motherboard.
the other cable is for the ARGB you plug that into the supplied 3 way spliter cable that gets plugged into the controller.
no . the fans are all connected by a 3 to 1 splitter which is a 3 pin

Oct 21, 2020
There should be two wires coming out of your fans. One of then should have 4 pins, or long metal wires. That plugs in to your motherboard header labled "cha_fan". The other cable, with 3 pins, plugs into your rgb controller with the case.
Its a 3 pin not a 4pin. there are all connected using a 3pin 3to1splitter

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Oct 21, 2020
This is a fan connector it goes to the motherboard fan header.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81I13U1uuiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is the ARGB connector it gets plugged into the splitter and the controller.

https://image.made-in-china.com/43f34j00alKYOvPMnkoI/Aura-3pin-5V-Addressable-Argb-Sync-Cable.jpg
The argb controller has only one slot to plug in. It plugs in the argb heder for the msi side and the sata port. There is another 3 fans that are connected to each other. Do i plug those in any normal fan header

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
The argb controller has only one slot to plug in. It plugs in the argb heder for the msi side and the sata port. There is another 3 fans that are connected to each other. Do i plug those in any normal fan header

Just plug the things in that can fit with each other. It isn't really rocket science. If they fit, then they probably are supposed to plug in there. I normally wouldn't say this, but its just rgb and fans. Do what fits. If you mean that you have 3 more fans, then you will need to plug the same things in to the same ports.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador