sid.krishnan.8080

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
I have 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM installed in my PC. My computer usually only detects 8 gigs when I use it. The problem gets weirder. I entered the bios to check if any of the memory settings may have been messed up (none were) and I rebooted. Now my PC detects 16 gigs again. Problem solved right? I wish it were that easy. Now when I shut down my PC and then turn it back on, it goes back to detecting 8 gigs. I have to go into the BIOS each time and exit out for it to detect 16 gigs. Anyone heard of a problem like this?

Solutions I've tried:
-updating BIOS
-checking msconfig for anything unusual
-re-seating the RAM sticks (I spent more than an hour doing this and noticed that some RAM combinations didn't work for some reason?)
  • updating drivers
  • updating windows

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

A lot of threads here say that they're on the latest BIOS, often times they're right and often times they're not. Which is why we ask which version of BIOS you're currently on. This is where the make and model of your motherbaord also comes in, for cross-referencing.

You might want to see if removing the CMOS battery and replacing it after 15 minutes(then saving settings in BIOS for your ram) helps. Does your motherboard time seem off...?

sid.krishnan.8080

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

A lot of threads here say that they're on the latest BIOS, often times they're right and often times they're not. Which is why we ask which version of BIOS you're currently on. This is where the make and model of your motherbaord also comes in, for cross-referencing.

You might want to see if removing the CMOS battery and replacing it after 15 minutes(then saving settings in BIOS for your ram) helps. Does your motherboard time seem off...?

Ok, I'll try and respond in order:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO: gigabyte ab350m-hd3
RAM: Transcend 8gbx2 ddr4
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100
GPU: gtx 1060 6gb
PSU: Corsair VS650

Im on the f50a version of my bios, which according to Gigabytes official site, is the latest (for my MOBO). I also forgot to mention, i tried resetting the CMOS already, it didn't work. I tried a second time, for longer, same result.

Any suggestions?