Oakspirit

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
Previously I was having an issue where only 4GB of ram was showing up in windows. I fixed this by swapping the ram from slot 2 and 4 to slot 1 and 3 on my motherboard. This did not, however, fix the common crashes that I have when loading up games or even just youtube videos. My computer will just turn off and turn back on with no bluescreen normally, but I have gotten some blue screens. I also have an issue where I have to unplug and replug my wifi adapter everytime it crashes. I was hoping for any advice to try to fix these crashes.

Specs:
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper T4
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
Memory: 8192MB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB

Solution
Previously I was having an issue where only 4GB of ram was showing up in windows. I fixed this by swapping the ram from slot 2 and 4 to slot 1 and 3 on my motherboard. This did not, however, fix the common crashes that I have when loading up games or even just youtube videos. My computer will just turn off and turn back on with no bluescreen normally, but I have gotten some blue screens. I also have an issue where I have to unplug and replug my wifi adapter everytime it crashes. I was hoping for any advice to try to fix these crashes.

Specs:
Card name...

Specs:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Try turn back the RAM into 2 and 4 slot. If they still detecting 4GB of RAM, try check the windows System Configuration.

- open command prompt (Win+R) and type "msconfig"

- select "boot" tab then "advanced options"

Advanced-Options-in-Windows-7-System-Configuration_thumb.png

- at "maximum memory" option, uncheck them and save.
Change-Maximum-Memory-Using-Windows-7-BOOT-Advanced-Options_thumb.png

Solution