ValerieRedux

Prominent
Apr 3, 2020
I moved my Laptop's 120gb SSD which has a Windows install on it to a new PC just to work on things with a full desktop.

I've bought a:

1. USB mic,
  2. a gaming headset with a built in mic,
  3. an additional cheap clip on mic,
  4. and a USB sound card to connect to it.

I've verified that all these devices are working independently on other devices, but can't figure out why Windows just won't take in any audio in the PC i want to game and work on. I've tested it in Discord, www.onlinemictest.com , yet found no luck.

The devices are always detected, but the audio input is always flatline.

Anybody knows what's going on?

Yet, when i plug in and unplug my mic, windows picks up a slight buzz for a fraction of a second.
YRnyCuc.png

Solution
Windows doesn't like being moved to entirely different hardware, not surprising you are having problems with it. Simply installing the appropriate drivers may not cut it.
If your desktop PC already has it's own Windows installation, use that. Use your laptop HDD as a secondary drive to access the data on it, but don't boot from it.
Windows doesn't like being moved to entirely different hardware, not surprising you are having problems with it. Simply installing the appropriate drivers may not cut it.
If your desktop PC already has it's own Windows installation, use that. Use your laptop HDD as a secondary drive to access the data on it, but don't boot from it.

Solution