GBDev

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2016
Hello all,

I'm currently running Windows 11 and The microphone was working fine when I first updated, fast-forward to now, I put my computer on sleep mode then come back the next day to find my microphone not working at all. I have the "Tronsmart Glary Gaming Headset" and its of type USB input, not aux cord input/line-in input. Windows still detects that there is a microphone connected. However, It doesn't detect any sound input at all on any program. Here is what i tried to do to fix it and failed:

• Went to Device Manager; Uninstalled then reinstalled the microphone
  • Went to Device Manager; Tried Updating the drivers and Re-installing it
  • Tried to update the headphone drivers externally
  • Tried to update overall sound drivers but all are up-to-date
  • Unplugging and Re-plugging my headphones
  • Restarting my PC
  • Going to sound settings and making sure its:
    • Detected in the settings
    • Volume set to 100%
    • Tried to troubleshoot and came up with nothing
What's strange is when I join any type of call, lets say a Discord Call or Telegram Call or Whatever, Windows displays to me that Its currently using my microphone in the system tray on the bottom right-hand side. So I figured I'd try another microphone, Line-In this time. So i grabbed it and connected it to the back of my PC in the microphone slot and to my surprise it didn't work either, however this time it doesn't detect it at all. I thought maybe its interfering with my headphones (even though it never did that before) so I unplugged them and still windows doesn't detect it at all. So now, I have no clue what the issue is and it was working fine less than 12 hours ago.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you report bug to Microsoft via feedback as its possible since you running win 11 preview the drivers just aren't there yet.

That is part of fun of using alpha software, you never know what will work.

I might move thread back to win 11 area as we trying to keep all win 11 questions in 1 place. :)

GBDev

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2016
did you report bug to Microsoft via feedback as its possible since you running win 11 preview the drivers just aren't there yet.

That is part of fun of using alpha software, you never know what will work.

I might move thread back to win 11 area as we trying to keep all win 11 questions in 1 place. :)

It has nothing to do with Windows 11 because it worked normally when I installed it. and when i checked the update history, nothing was updated. So it has nothing to do with Windows 11. I checked the Line-in again and turned out i plugged it in the wrong slot so I re-plugged it in the right slot and it worked fine. However, the microphone on the headset is detected but still doesn't work. So, I'm using the line-in and still waiting for an answer on how to fix the headset microphone, since all I hear is repetitive static from it.