Neigeflocon

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
I've been at this for a few days now, it's driving me wild.

I have a Siberia 200 Steelseries Headphones. Although I'm enjoying the product a lot (Has been about 3 years), I'm now planning on going into commentary on youtube, and for that I need a good microphone. I've never noticed if there was an issue or not but the mic of my headset simply picks up too much white noise/hissing/static/whatever. I've been unable to fix this for the last 3 days.

I've tried to install audio drivers after realizing I had none except window's default, but the cancellation makes it just so much worse, the mic is picking up enough noise to destroy the quality when the program attempts to muffle it all. I've tested if it was a problem within my Headphones but my older PC is relaying almost crystal-clear mic input there.

I'm thinking it could either be a Motherboard problem, some people suggest updating BIOS but that seem way too risky. If it was a fan problem, turning the fans down and off did not reduce any noise. The behind jacks, seem to only be lower in sound, so while indeed it sounds like the noise is gone, you have to be lowkey yelling in order to make sense then.

My PC motherboard is MSI MS-7978 for reference.

Please help me out, thank you.

Neigeflocon

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
The case has 2 sockets one at the top and one behind for mic. I commonly use and prefer top. Neither of them work like desired. Ive tried purchasing a usb sound card today which didnt work either. I also purchased a special outlet for balancing out extra charge or something. No luck.

There is just a loud self noise in it . The most frustrating part is how my 8 yo pc doesnt have this issue! I even moved the pc to the other room to see if it was a charge issue but it still works fine on my old one. Almost crystal. No enhancements. Is my pc just so irreversibly broken??

Please help me, thank you.