Microsoft Unveils a Brand New Windows Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

builder4

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
I have a feeling this design will look extremely dated in only a couple of years. This fad of requiring simplicity and clean lines won't last forever.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]Micrsoft "We mess with things that already works fine"[/citation]
the saddest true thing i read all day... they changed an icon, into the most generic thing they possible could.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Mercedes Star....3 points in a circle for 100+ years
BMW Logo white and Blue
Ford.... F O R D

Microcrap changes Logo -yet again- and this is worth a 2nd article?
Slow new day I guess ?

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Are they serious? The 4-coloured logo they used for the last 20 years is instantly recognizable by almost anyone. The new logo isn't just ugly. It's also meaningless to the vast majority of consumers.

I wonder how much money they spent on coming up with that logo... The whole marketing department of Microsoft is a shambles.

G

hmmm I know windows ME was a flop... but pretending it didn't exist on the time line is funny...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
The lesson from the picture is simple, whenever the logo is a windows flag with plain black text, that OS is good.

The other lesson is, wait for Windows 9 if you can :)

synd

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
It's so fucking.... ugly.
Still performance-wise Windows 8 is great but god, it looks so bad on a PC. Yeah, it's great for tablets but for PC you definitely need to disable the Metro UI and use it with an improved Windows 7 interface. ( 10sec registry work)

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Popular forms of torture in days of yore include thumbscrews, bamboo under the fingernails and Windows Millenium. Just displaying the Windows Me icon on your computer can cause random lockups and process slowdowns. Be thankful they didn't include it in their timeline.

unther

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
I laughed at the fact that Windows ME wasn't even mentioned on that timeline. I guess because it's the OS that's best forgotten.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I actually enjoyed the Preview when I had it on my machine. It was fast and if you get use to the tiles and how to switch between the desktop and the tiles you navigate through stuff really quickly. It actually seemed to speed up my interaction with the PC. Took a second to get used to it though.

JohnUSA

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
It is very plain, blah and ugly.
MS needs to hire a better designer/artist as this logo is atrocious, horrible and terrible.
I expected much better for the new Windows 8.
Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.