does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this system?
judi

bill

You need to purchase and install Microsoft Office

In news:1350AF4F-5D43-470D-9BE6-C37D2204BC9F@microsoft.com,
judi <judi@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?

No.
Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever
included Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or any other
significant application software. Such programs have to be
bought, either by themselves or as part of Microsoft Office. Word
is also available most inmexpensively as part of Microsoft Works
*Suite* (not the regular Works).

If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows,
came with Word, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it
as part of the package he sold you, not because that version of
Windows came with it. Some, but not all, vendors do the same with
Windows XP.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Windows XP does not include Microsoft Word.

Microsoft Works Suite 2005
http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=001

(includes Microsoft Word... the same premier word processor featured in Microsoft Office XP)

($99.95 - 20.00 rebate = $79.95 = Great Deal!)

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"judi" <judi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1350AF4F-5D43-470D-9BE6-C37D2204BC9F@microsoft.com...
| does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
| have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
| change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this system?
| judi

Windows XP comes with Notepad and WordPad, but none of the
Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Access).
The quickest way to tell if you have Office or Works installed is look
through the listing in the Add/Remove applet in Control Panel. If any
Office products are present, they'll appear in the Microsoft..... section.

"judi" <judi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
> have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
> change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this
> system?
> judi

> does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?

No.

MS Word is part of MS Office. A stripped-down version of Word is included
in MS Works.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

judi wrote:
> does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
> have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
> change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this
> system? judi

I think it is the full version of WORD, just the
license/upgrade path differs.

some support

|> does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?
|
| No.
|
| MS Word is part of MS Office. A stripped-down version of
Word is included
| in MS Works.
| --
| ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
|

| judi wrote:
| > does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If
so where is it I
| > have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant
read file need to
| > change something I know how to use word just have never
seen on this
| > system? judi

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:52:01 -0700 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, judi favored us with...

> does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?

No Windows version comes with MS Word. Word Pad ships with all recent
ones, and you can also download a Word file viewer (not Word) from
Microsoft's site.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote:

>I think it is the full version of WORD, just the
>license/upgrade path differs.

There are two different products - Microsoft Works and Microsoft Works
Suite.

Micrsoft Works includes the Microsoft Works word processory, which is
a very much stripped down product that bears little if any resemblance
to Microsoft Word.

Microsoft Works Suite includes a full version Microsoft Word as the
word processor. The most recent version (Works Suite 2005) includes
Microsoft Word 2002 (as in Office XP). Earlier versions of Microsoft
Works Suite used Microsoft Word 2000.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP