Oct 9, 2020
Hi guys, ok so im about to start ordering for my new build but need to know what i can do to be able to use the 2 front usb ports. The case i want is the fractal design meshify C and the motherboard is MSI b550 A pro. Issue is the case front usb ports are 3.0 and the motherboard is usb 3.2. Can someone point me in the right direction of getting the 2 front usb ports to work please? Thanks.

Solution
USB stuff on cases is usually just the conductors for the pins on the ports wired to the header pins, so unless Fractal really cheaped out on their pcb traces/cable insulation it should work perfectly fine.
Oct 9, 2020
Will usb 3.0 front case ports work on 3.2 gen2. motherboard? I really want the fractal design meshify c case but there front ports are usb 3.0. Don’t wanna buy and then find out the front ports won’t t work. Cheers

Oct 10, 2020
USB stuff on cases is usually just the conductors for the pins on the ports wired to the header pins, so unless Fractal really cheaped out on their pcb traces/cable insulation it should work perfectly fine.

Reactions: kennaman
Solution