TeeKayWilson

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
I have a deal monitor setup and sometimes when I would turn it on one or both of my monitors would not work. They are on but will say "no signal". I could just unplug and then plug back in and it would usually fix. But a couple of days ago one of them would not work no matter what I tried. I tried unplugging the cables, I tried brand new cables, I tried unplugging the gpu completely and nothing. I tried an HDMI and that finally worked.

While I was trying to fix all of this, I noticed my cooler had a tiny leak where the hose goes into the CPU block. The let's were also busted for what seems like forever. So I decided to get a new cup cooler. I had an older h100i and replaced it with a h100i lcd xt and when I went to start it up for the first time, I was getting an error on the lcd screen, and while trying to fix that. My monitors started doing the no signal nonsense on both no matter what type of cable I used. So I started messing with the gpu and nothing. So I went and grabbed my other gpu to see if the leak had messed it up somehow and still nothing. I tried both pcie x16 slots, multiple cables, multiple ports. Nothing.

I can't fix my cooler because I can't see anything and I have absolutely no idea whats wrong. I'm worried its the mono somehow, but everything turns on, both gpus all of the fans, even the new cooler, the fans at least..

I don't know what to do at this point..

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 80 Plus Gold 650 Watt, brand new bought in and installed 2019

No disk drives, i have an SSD that is either 248gb or 500gb and a m.2 1tb

Edit: I think I figured it out, my mobo has some debug leds and the boot was staying on. I unplugged all of my drives and plugged them back in and I haven't had the issue come back.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Any overclocking?

TeeKayWilson

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Any overclocking?
Updated. GPU was overclocked at one point but precision X always reverts back to stock eventually. Cpu overclocked to 4.3ghz I believe. Ram should be running at 3200mhz as well

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"EVGA Supernova 650 80 Plus Gold 650 Watt, brand new bought in and installed 2019"

4 year old PSU is a likely suspect - especially with a history of heaving gaming use and/or overclocking.

Is it possible for you to swap in another PSU for testing purposes.

FYI:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Not with the immediate intent to purchase a new PSU.

Read the review just to learn more about PSU's and to apply the calculators to your build.

Plus you may realize that there are other problems and symptoms happening that may be the result of a faltering and failing PSU.

Look in Reliability History/Monitor: what, if any error codes, etc. are being captured?