Question Motherboard EZ Debug CPU light turns on then off.

Jan 1, 2024
So, I am having an issue with my computer. This happend all after I updated my BIOS and suddenly my computer stopped working.

At first, I tought that my motherboard was bricked but then I did some troubleshooting and found out that when I hold the reset and power button at the same time, it gives me a EZ Debug CPU led light. This light blinks once, my computer tries to start but it can't for some reason.

I have tried to reseat my CPU, I checked the pins (they were completely fine) and cleaned the termal paste and reapplied it. I tried swapping fans to see if it was the fan that was the issue but I still received the EZ Debug CPU led. I also already removed the CMOS battery and put it back in but no luck, I even replaced it with a new one but still no luck.

I am wondering if it is indeed my motherboard or if there is another reason.

My specs:
I7-9700KF
MSI Z390 GAMING PLUS
GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING
650W PSU

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

650W PSU
650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Make and model of your PSU? Age of the unit?

As for the BIOS, what version were you on and what version did you flash to? As for your CMOS battery, can you walk us through how you cleared it?

Jan 1, 2024
Thanks for your response.

It's a Sharkoon SHP650 V2 650W PSU, I bought it back in June of 2021.

As for the BIOS, I went from 7B51v1D to 7B51v1D. It's one version newer then the one I had and it released in October of 2022.

I cleared the CMOS-battery by removing it and I left it for at least 15 minutes before putting it back on. I even changed the battery with a new one, ruling out the possibility of that (I think at least).

Let me know if you need any further information regarding the parts.