9-9-99

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
sometime ago i must of gotten a surge and my windows 10 wouldnt boot on my ssd. Then i made a new installation on a hdd and the ssd still works i can still access the files on my new windows 10 install. Fast forward like a month later it started losing power when i played a game and found out my amdfx 8350 was running at 75c and discovered using the jumpers on my motherboard everytime i start up my computer would fix it but im doing it everytime i start up my pc

mobo: msi gaming 970
cpu: amd fx 8350(not overclocked)
video: RX480
memory: 16gb

Starcruiser

Honorable
What power supply are you using, and how old is it? As they get older they aren't able to provide as much peak power and voltage may become unstable.

75 Celsius is not overheating. It's a little warm, but it's designed to run up to 90.

When you say you're "using the jumper" do you mean the cmos clear jumper? Having to do that may indicate motherboard problems.

You have almost the exact same system as me. It's getting up there in age, and mine is showing signs of failure soon as well.

9-9-99

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
z
What power supply are you using, and how old is it? As they get older they aren't able to provide as much peak power and voltage may become unstable.

75 Celsius is not overheating. It's a little warm, but it's designed to run up to 90.

When you say you're "using the jumper" do you mean the cmos clear jumper? Having to do that may indicate motherboard problems.

You have almost the exact same system as me. It's getting up there in age, and mine is showing signs of failure soon as well.
its like 70c idle and probably reaches 75 when playing games but yeah im using the clear jumper then it drops down to 30-35 when idle and i been taking steps to upgrade to ryzen i just hope it lasts long enough