Feb 14, 2020
PC Specs:
Asus prime b450m-a micro atx
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz (x2)
HDD: WD-Blue 1TB
SSDs: Yucun 120GB, Sandisk 240GB
PSU: Corsair VS550

Context:
Just replaced my faulty MSI b450 Gaming Plus as it had a whole number of issues. I replaced it with the board listed above and it worked fine after a fresh install of Windows 10. This is my second time powering the machine on (Without restarting because of driver installations) and it has failed.

Problem:
Instead of this being software related i fear it may be hardware related. I booted up my computer this morning and to my suprise it failed to boot. I checked the boot menu and found that my Yucun 120GB drive was nowhere to be found. It was plugged in and connected to SATA. I messed with some BIOS settings and even reset it to default and still nothing.

Then I resorted to unplugging all of the other SATA devices and tried swapping out the SATA data and power leads for different ones, trying all ports on my board. Still nothing. I then connected it to the computer via an external wire I have and still, nothing. It can however detect a USB as I have also used a USB device to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version 2006.

I then plugged it into another computer and it detected it no problem. It had all of it's partitions and everything. I scanned it and nothing was found to be wrong with it. I am wondering whether this is a motherboard issue now, but i really don't want it to be as I have already had to send a motherboard back THIS WEEK as it was faulty. Unless there is something I'm missing, then I really don't know.

PC Specs:
Asus prime b450m-a micro atx
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz (x2)
HDD: WD-Blue 1TB
SSDs: Yucun 120GB, Sandisk 240GB
PSU: Corsair VS550

Context:
Just replaced my faulty MSI b450 Gaming Plus as it had a whole number of issues. I replaced it with the board listed above and it worked fine after a fresh install of Windows 10. This is my second time powering the machine on (Without restarting because of driver installations) and it has failed.

Problem:
Instead of this being software related i fear it may be hardware related. I booted up my computer this morning and to my suprise it failed to boot. I checked the boot menu and found that my Yucun 120GB drive was nowhere to be found. It was plugged in and connected to SATA. I messed with some BIOS settings and even reset it to default and still nothing.

Then I resorted to unplugging all of the other SATA devices and tried swapping out the SATA data and power leads for different ones, trying all ports on my board. Still nothing. I then connected it to the computer via an external wire I have and still, nothing. It can however detect a USB as I have also used a USB device to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version 2006.

I then plugged it into another computer and it detected it no problem. It had all of it's partitions and everything. I scanned it and nothing was found to be wrong with it. I am wondering whether this is a motherboard issue now, but i really don't want it to be as I have already had to send a motherboard back THIS WEEK as it was faulty. Unless there is something I'm missing, then I really don't know.
That PSU of yours could be the problem. Although faulty PSU's tend to give different problems than what you're facing, but bad PSU's can cause all sorts of things, including repeated issues that seem motherboard-related(because the PSU can damage the motherboard). The VS550 is a poor unit, and paired with something as powerful as GTX 1070, it is bound to cause problems. I would suggest you get a good quality PSU before trying anything else, because chances are future replacements get similarly damaged owing to that terrible PSU.

Feb 14, 2020
That PSU of yours could be the problem. Although faulty PSU's tend to give different problems than what you're facing, but bad PSU's can cause all sorts of things, including repeated issues that seem motherboard-related(because the PSU can damage the motherboard). The VS550 is a poor unit, and paired with something as powerful as GTX 1070, it is bound to cause problems. I would suggest you get a good quality PSU before trying anything else, because chances are future replacements get similarly damaged owing to that terrible PSU.
Thats a shame, i just bought that PSU. Starting to feel like someone cursed me with the amount of problems that are being caused.

Feb 14, 2020
I suppose it would be good to mention that the BIOS takes a painfully long time to move off of the splash screen it shows. I have now swapped the power supply but nothing seems to have worked. clueless as my computer has been out of action for over a week now. More and more things seem to be going wrong.

I suppose it would be good to mention that the BIOS takes a painfully long time to move off of the splash screen it shows. I have now swapped the power supply but nothing seems to have worked. clueless as my computer has been out of action for over a week now. More and more things seem to be going wrong.
What did you swap it out with? Also, you'll probably need to replace the damaged parts as well. At this point, taking it to a repair shop would be the most painless and quickest way to fix it. Get a better power supply next time.

Feb 14, 2020
What did you swap it out with? Also, you'll probably need to replace the damaged parts as well. At this point, taking it to a repair shop would be the most painless and quickest way to fix it. Get a better power supply next time.
Nothing seems to be broken. The ssd works in other machines, it even boots into windows on other machines. All ports on my board are working and so are all of the power/data connectors. It just doesn't want to detect the ssd when it's plugged in now.