Question Multiple BSODs every day ?

Oct 1, 2023
I have been getting multiple BSOD's per day depending on what I use my PC for that particular day. At first it started a few months ago and i would get CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED errors. I since did a fresh install on my bootdrive, a week went by and BSOD's came back this time not even flashing long enough for me to catch the error. I check over event logs and i see criticals errors but they just say Kernel-Power 41 (63) followed by a critical shortly after reboot stating Diagnostics-Performance Event ID: 100. i Believe the real issue it stemming from the Kernel BSOD or the events leading upto but i have to idea how to diagnose which hardware to replace from these errors.

I've tried CHKDSK, mdsched.exe, SFC Scans, Clean Install, BIOS Updates, and still can't diagnose the issue. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dabsie

Oct 1, 2023
PC Specs -
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI (Intel)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 2TB SATA Drive
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.6GHz (Liquid Cooled)
RAM: Trident G-Skill Z 2x 8GB DDR4 3000MHz
PSU: 650W Coola Master (not sure off the top of my head definitely 650W could be Bronze 80 or silver)
Everything was bought brand new.
The build was done in 2019 so it's getting on.

Oct 1, 2023
Speaking of hardware;

Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?
Can get full PSU details for you if required. Let me know :)

As for the BSOD have possibly put it down to Error: Volmgr Event ID: 161

Colif

Win 11 Master
Diagnostics-Performance Event ID: 100.

try methods 1 & 2 here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-viewer/f606bf89-3b71-4695-a26a-3eaffd31eade

i see criticals errors but they just say Kernel-Power 41 (63) f
this event happens after an unexpected restart. Windows runs a report at start up and if it finds the previous shutdown wasn't normal, it creates this event. Its a reaction, not a cause.

Volmgr Event ID: 161
Volmgr = Volume Manager. It looks after storage drives

this could mean C drive or the hdd

try running Magician on your ssd - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

this for HDD: https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/

are the BSOD all the same? there are over 255 codes so I had to ask. If its still critical process died, it would be interesting as that is an error that can only be caused by parts of windows crashing... one of which is the boot files.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023
are the BSOD all the same? there are over 255 codes so I had to ask. If its still critical process died, it would be interesting as that is an error that can only be caused by parts of windows crashing... one of which is the boot files.
Can check as soon as I've finished this memtest!

Oct 1, 2023
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
I have done something similar already and can provide a zip file of all crashes etc once my pc has rebooted after the memtest!

Will have also created an action in the registry to advance log all BSOD's

Can also do the above but will attach log files as soon as my pc is back up!

Thank you for the quick reply!