Question Multiple problems with MSI x570 Gaming Plus

Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys.
Here are my PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x (Stock)
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB HBM2
Mother Board: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16, 3200MHz)
PSU: Evga Supernova G3 850W 80+ Gold (only using the ATX cable + 2 CPU cables, 1 to the 8 pin on the MB and half of the other one to the 4 pin on the MB + 1 PCIe cable)
CASE: Phanteks P400S Tempered Glass
SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND SSD M.2 500GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

First of all I used the default BIOS, then I upgraded to the A5 and right now I'm using the A61 (Beta).
I'm having so many problems with the PC and I don't even know if it's Windows or the MB. These are all the problems I encountered:
  • The PC starts when he wants to (sometimes it randomly lights up the CPU or VGA LED on the EZ Debug and all I get is a grey screen and other times I just get a grey screen with no EZ Debug LEDs on).
  • I get random freezes on the BIOS (after that I have to restart the PC).
  • When it boots up I get so many blue screens in such a short period of time (yesterday it was like 5 or something like that in an hour).
  • Sometimes it boots up and works fine with no blue screens but after a while (playing videogames or watching youtube/twitch) the screen goes grey and it doesn't show the screen again (i have to turn the PC off again)

Here are some of the blue screens errors I encountered:
Images (Imgur)
The most common code was the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Thanks for the help.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly for the bug checks (BSOD) we would need the dump files to download and dig in further (described in my signature link below). However - All of the stop codes you are encountering are typically driver based errors - but being as you are encountering freezing in the BIOS, I'd say the dump files probably won't be much use.

All in all based on one of the screenshots and what you stated here:
right now I'm using the A61 (Beta)
Is there a reason why you went for the BETA BIOS? These are known for causing instability.
It could be the latest BIOS is conflicting with your GPU firmware/software and could be causing conflicts being as one of the BSOD do clearly show that it's found an AMD GPU driver in the stack.

Nov 13, 2019
Firstly for the bug checks (BSOD) we would need the dump files to download and dig in further (described in my signature link below).
That's the MEMORY.dmp file.
https://mega.nz/#!hO52XABL!Oe6yeviC_pqmg2hdfgP9tqOY8aI-pf3jWBs_v4yJYfc

Is there a reason why you went for the BETA BIOS? These are known for causing instability.
It could be the latest BIOS is conflicting with your GPU firmware/software and could be causing conflicts being as one of the BSOD do clearly show that it's found an AMD GPU driver in the stack.
I tried the beta BIOS because the other versions gave me problems too, and I didn't know anything else to try.

Right now I tried to boot Windows with only 1 stick of RAM and it works, but he PC is EXTREMELY laggy. (I checked the BIOS and now it shows the 3200MHz withouth xmp).

I'm gonna try the Driver Verifier (it was in your signature link too) and I will tell you if something happens with only 1 stick of RAM.

Thanks for the quick response :D

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I tried the beta BIOS because the other versions gave me problems too, and I didn't know anything else to try.
What other issues were you having? Likelihood is it's all the same issue.

Personally I would expect driver verifier to have multiple crashes of Microsoft drivers or no crashes at all outside of your normal crashes.
Being as you are encountering freezes in the BIOS indicates you're having a problem before drivers in the OS are even loaded. Which usually means firmware or hardware.

Personally I'd start with MEMTEST: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-memtest-org-memtest86.24316/ and leave it for a full and thorough test, if you encounter evne 1 error, RMA the RAM module.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
also just opened up the dump file:
Code:
THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT.
KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable.
Code:
Page 2e00300 too large to be in the dump file.
Unable to read PsLoadedModuleList
GetContextState failed, 0xD0000147
CS descriptor lookup failed

As well as multiple issues. Now this can usually happen in odd circumstances, and i'd need other dump files to see if there is a common trend. However based on the above, it would likely look like hardware failure. I would continue with my memtest recommendation above first.

Then it may be apt to run SeaTools as per this: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/hard-drive-hdd-diagnostics-sea-tools-for-dos-ssd-test.4072/

Nov 13, 2019
What other issues were you having? Likelihood is it's all the same issue.

Personally I would expect driver verifier to have multiple crashes of Microsoft drivers or no crashes at all outside of your normal crashes.
Being as you are encountering freezes in the BIOS indicates you're having a problem before drivers in the OS are even loaded. Which usually means firmware or hardware.

Personally I'd start with MEMTEST: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-memtest-org-memtest86.24316/ and leave it for a full and thorough test, if you encounter evne 1 error, RMA the RAM module.

Thanks for the help.

I have done some things and actually fixed almost everything.
I will list the things I did in case other people have the same problem:
  • Going back to the stable version (A50) and installing it MANUALLY, not using Dragon Center (shitty sw btw).
  • Making a clean install of Windows and installing everything step by step and restarting the PC with every software I installed (even if it wasn't necessary).
  • Reset the CMOS.

The only thing I can't fix is my RAM, it works perfectly at 2133MHz (they are 3200MHz modules), but when I try to get it up to 3200 with A-XMP my PC crashes with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or it just freezes on the BIOS. I will try MEMTEST and see if something is wrong with the RAM.