Question My CPU hits 67 degrees when playing youtube videos in fullscreen ?

Jul 10, 2024
I have a Ryzen 7800X3D CPU with a Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 Air Cooler.

When I open chrome, the CPU spikes from 45 to 60 and then in fulscreen youtube videos it hits up to 67 degrees and fluctuates from 55 to 67, my gpu (4080 super) always runs on normal temps and I have good airflow, is this normal or what is the problem. (Yes I have peeled the sticker off the cooler before installing it)

New PC
PSU: Corsair RM850x
2 front fans 1 bottom fan (intake) 1 back fan 1 top fan (exhaust)
1 2TB NVMe SSD

I talked to some other guys with the exact same cpu and cooler setup and they say it's normal

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Fans: how many, where, airflows?

I have a 7800x3d with a thermalright phantom spirit 120 and when I open chrome it spikes from 45 to 60 and then in fulscreen youtube videos it hits up to 67 degrees and fluctuates from 55 to 67, my gpu (4080 super) always runs on normal temps and I have good airflow, is this normal or what is the problem. (Yes I have peeled the sticker off the cooler before installing it)
Look at all cores, for simple tasks only one or two are used and you get report on their temperature which may seem high. That CPU has leeway up to 90c so 60-70c is low. GPU is not doing much, just converting picture to signal to monitor so it's expected to be on cool side.