[SOLVED] My ASUS TUF 3080 OC is making a pop noise when I leave a game or enter the pause menu, basically whenever the load settles a bit. HELP!

Dec 17, 2020
Hey guys how's it going? I've built this PC 2 months ago. I don't believe that this popping noise was there ever since I've built it. I would say its been around for about 3-4 weeks now. Basically whenever I leave a game or enter a pause menu, I hear this single pop, maybe 2 pops on occasion, every single time. I'm not 100% sure that its coming from the GPU but it makes the most sense that it is. It bothers me because I'm concerned about the wellbeing of the components inside the build. Is this normal? Has anyone had this before? I really hope I don't have to RMA this GPU as I don't think ill be able to wait all these months without a PC. I would appreciate any help at all! Save me and save my sanity!

CPU: 3700X
GPU: TUF 3080 OC
MoBo: x570 TUF wifi plus
RAM: 3200 2x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO
Cooling: DeepCool Castle AIO 240
PSU: Seasonic 750 focus gold
SSD: WD Black SN750
Case: 4000X Corsair

Solution
Without getting the card replaced, try a different connection type to the monitor, test with another monitor to make sure it's not the component making the noise when it changes resolutions, try another power supply.
Dec 17, 2020
Without getting the card replaced, try a different connection type to the monitor, test with another monitor to make sure it's not the component making the noise when it changes resolutions, try another power supply.
Hey man, what component are you referring to, I'm fairly new to this. I might have to buy a new PSU. Will try another connection type before I do anything else! Appreciate it will get back to you!

Dec 17, 2020
The component is the monitor. Card is one component, monitor is another, video cables are another. Check around if changing refresh rates or resolution changes this.
Thanks again for getting back to me. So I’ve looked into this further and now I’m thinking it’s the psu. Because the click does not happen due to the fans coming on or off. Someone told me it has to do with rail switching and that it is completely normal. Not sure what’s going on!