Question My bootable usb doesn't appear in the bios

Jul 21, 2019
Intel Desktop Board DG965OT - motherboard - micro ATX - LGA775 Socket - G965 Series

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz

RAIJINTEK BLUE LED CPU COOLER

Powertech model bs-300p4 (180 watts power supply)

Floppy drive unknown

In the BIOS or boot menu, it might not give the exact name of the USB drive, but rather often something like 'USB-HDD' or something like this. Look for that.
If it doesn't work, try different USB ports. Make sure you use the ones directly on the motherboard (around the back of the PC) and NOT the ones at the front. Try all of the ports at the back, and make sure to restart the PC, not just plug the USB into it while the PC is turned on.
Another thing to do is to look through the BIOS to make sure that USB ports are enabled. Iirc, on older boards, this is found under the either under Southbridge, or under a section for devices.

Reactions: DMAN999
Jul 21, 2019
In the BIOS or boot menu, it might not give the exact name of the USB drive, but rather often something like 'USB-HDD' or something like this. Look for that.
If it doesn't work, try different USB ports. Make sure you use the ones directly on the motherboard (around the back of the PC) and NOT the ones at the front. Try all of the ports at the back, and make sure to restart the PC, not just plug the USB into it while the PC is turned on.
Another thing to do is to look through the BIOS to make sure that USB ports are enabled. Iirc, on older boards, this is found under the either under Southbridge, or under a section for devices.
It didn't work

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Well I don't know what you trying to boot but the problem might be because of the files system being NTFS.

I also don't know what program/software you used to make USB drive bootable but you can try one thing if you're sure the USB is made bootable.

Set the OS you used to make USB bootable to show hidden files/folders. Copy all content of the bootable USB drive root into a folder on that machine.

Then manually format the USB to FAT32 and after that copy all the contents of that folder back to the FAT32 USB drive and try booting from that. That might work unless the file system definitely needs to be NTFS.

Jul 21, 2019
Boot menu type normal or advance
Boot device priority cd/dvd-rom drive flopp
Could you list everthing available in the boot menu, so I could see what options are available.
Boot menu type
boot device priority
Removable drive order
Boot to optical devices
boot to removable device
Boot to network
USB boot
2ip emulation type
Boot usb device first
usb mass storage emulation type

Jul 21, 2019
Well I don't know what you trying to boot but the problem might be because of the files system being NTFS.

I also don't know what program/software you used to make USB drive bootable but you can try one thing if you're sure the USB is made bootable.

Set the OS you used to make USB bootable to show hidden files/folders. Copy all content of the bootable USB drive root into a folder on that machine.

Then manually format the USB to FAT32 and after that copy all the contents of that folder back to the FAT32 USB drive and try booting from that. That might work unless the file system definitely needs to be NTFS.
How do I make my usb show hidden files

Jul 21, 2019

I am trying to boot windows 10

Jul 21, 2019

I used rufus to make it bootable