[SOLVED] My computer is stuttering in games and I can't seem to figure out why. I need some prof help.

BADAZZMEDIC

Prominent
May 2, 2020
So I have had my computer for a couple years and have upgraded it several times. I just got a new motherboard because my old one was overheating because the VRMs where crap for new processors. So now I really have no idea what is causing my games to run so poorly. I do get some decent fps, however, all my games seem to be stuttering for some odd reason. If anyone can help me figure this out, it would be much appreciated.
My specs:
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk max II
Processor: Ryzen 7 2700x
Graphics Card: RX 580 8Gb oc edition
cpu Cooling; Cooler master
HDD and SSD
I've tested Minecraft and PUBG and both games seem to be doing the same thing. I have also reinstalled windows and wiped my SSD clean. I have also reinstalled my graphics drivers an ungodly amount of times. The problem still persists. At the moment I am running memory test to see if has to do with my RAM at all.

Solution
I have the same problem, and we have the exact same graphics card (fyi, i havent found the real issues yet) but quick recommendations tho, try installing msi afterburner and show on screen performance , here is how to do it if you dont know how to configure it ;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pHuv8Ndc2Y

then check those numbers, when the stutter happens is it fps drop? if its a massive fps drop then you should check those numbers again when the stutters happenned, in many cases its throttling (overheating). check your graphics card, cpu, and ssd temp, if it’s above 80 it might be the cause.you might also want to check cpu and gpu usage when the stutter happens. Hopefully it helps, do it...

BADAZZMEDIC

Prominent
May 2, 2020
Screenshots were not necessary. Just the link to benchmark results:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/49370966

Your cpu is overheating. Check cpu temperatures.
SSD performance is terrible. What model SSD is that?
So earlier in my BIOS I had PBO and Core Performance Boost on and i was getting around 71 degrees celsius. And now that i turned those two things off im getting 54.9 degrees celsius when im playing a game. I also looked at all the stats in HWINFO and i found that the power reporting deviation is at 234.7% maximum.

Ah - you turned off PBO. That made boost lower than base clock. Normally this would mean overheating.

What model cpu cooler are you using?
"cpu Cooling; Cooler master" - This doesn't tell very much.
If you don't know model name, then show a photo of your cpu cooler.

BADAZZMEDIC

Prominent
May 2, 2020
Ah - you turned off PBO. That made boost lower than base clock. Normally this would mean overheating.

This is the cooler i am using

BADAZZMEDIC

Prominent
May 2, 2020

I've also turned on PBO and Core performance boost

Jan 13, 2022
I have the same problem, and we have the exact same graphics card (fyi, i havent found the real issues yet) but quick recommendations tho, try installing msi afterburner and show on screen performance , here is how to do it if you dont know how to configure it ;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pHuv8Ndc2Y

then check those numbers, when the stutter happens is it fps drop? if its a massive fps drop then you should check those numbers again when the stutters happenned, in many cases its throttling (overheating). check your graphics card, cpu, and ssd temp, if it’s above 80 it might be the cause.you might also want to check cpu and gpu usage when the stutter happens. Hopefully it helps, do it while youre waiting the real prof to answer you and help you fix the problem. it’s also possible to check it from hwmonitor but on screen is better because usually the stuttering happens in only a couple seconds and you dont have the time to switch from ur game to hwmonitor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS