[SOLVED] My device has PECI version 1 and voltage about 450w maybe,Which one best for me?

Jan 27, 2021
diptodesigns.xyz
My graphics card right now is an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family and I would like to upgrade it so that I can play somewhat recent games such as Battlerite, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Starcraft 2. Here are my other specs. CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.6GHz. CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz. RAM: 2.0 GB. Please tell me if this post needs more information since I'm not sure what else to look for cause I'm not a big pc person. Thank you very much in advance.
and also will be used some basic 3d applications.

My device has PECI version 1 and bus 2.5gt/s and voltage about 450w maybe not sure. Can I use any graphic card for some software to use! and intel G31/33 cheapest processor. DDR 2 rams using for the pc.
Which is the best graphic card for my pc?

Last edited:
Solution
I'm afraid that there's really not much of anything you could do to that system that would put you in even as good of shape as the very lowest, bottom of the barrel system from the last five to seven years or so. And those systems, unlike your system, will probably run just about any existing graphics card in some way or another, for the most part.

Yours, would be seriously and obviously limited by the nature and age of the system itself even if you bought the greatest graphics card that your motherboard, which you did not list the model for, could support. It is simply too old.

Certainly you CAN find some graphics cards that offer better graphics performance than the one you currently have, which is the CPU integrated graphics (Or...
Unless you are willing to find, and gamble on, a used graphics card and one that is quite a bit older (I'd say anything newer than the Nvidia 700 series or AMD R9 series is likely to be a problem and you might actually need something a generation or two older than either of those families) then my advice would be you simply need to upgrade the platform itself, meaning, the whole platform. Motherboard, CPU, memory, etc.

The reason is, most newer cards are probably NOT going to be supported in the BIOS for any motherboard that was a PCIe 1.0 version. Yes, there is backwards and forwards compatibility support as far as the PCIe standard itself, but that does not extend to what is ACTUALLY supported by the motherboard and generally speaking any motherboard that hasn't had a fairly recent BIOS update within a year or so of the release of the graphics card is probably going to be very risky in terms of whether or not it will actually work with any given motherboard when that motherboard is already MANY generations out of production, not to mention many generations prior to the graphics card architecture.

Even cards these days released within months of a given motherboard chipset model might need a BIOS update to work properly, or at all, much less something that is more than ten years past the time when it should probably have been retired. I get that some older hardware is all some can afford, or even get their hands on, but it doesn't change the fact that it won't usually work properly or at all with newer hardware or operating systems.

Reactions: diptodas
Jan 27, 2021
diptodesigns.xyz
My graphics card right now is an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family and I would like to upgrade it so that I can play somewhat recent games such as Battlerite, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Starcraft 2. Here are my other specs. CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.6GHz. CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz. RAM: 2.0 GB. Please tell me if this post needs more information since I'm not sure what else to look for cause I'm not a big pc person. Thank you very much in advance.
and also will be used some basic 3d applications.

I'm afraid that there's really not much of anything you could do to that system that would put you in even as good of shape as the very lowest, bottom of the barrel system from the last five to seven years or so. And those systems, unlike your system, will probably run just about any existing graphics card in some way or another, for the most part.

Yours, would be seriously and obviously limited by the nature and age of the system itself even if you bought the greatest graphics card that your motherboard, which you did not list the model for, could support. It is simply too old.

Certainly you CAN find some graphics cards that offer better graphics performance than the one you currently have, which is the CPU integrated graphics (Or possibly even onboard the motherboard given the age of that unit and the fact that I don't SEE any integrated graphics possible on the E5300 dual core CPU, but it's not going to be worth the investment unless you find something really cheap. And then, you have to worry about how long it's going to last or if it's even going to work at all given the high number of scammers out there plus just generally clueless people selling stuff.

If you list your motherboard model we MIGHT be able to suggest some used card models that would be a good fit for the age and performance of your existing system, but in reality I'd probably look only at older cards like the GTX 600 series or older (MAYBE get away with one of the lower end 700 series) OR one of the AMD HD 7000 series or older cards. BUT, then you have to worry about whether you have a PSU that is capable and reliable enough to support the addition of that card, and given the nature of your system, I think it's very likely that unless you've replaced the power supply it came with with something that is higher quality it likely is a very low quality unit that barely (if at all) can handle the demands of your system now, much less after adding a higher draw item like a discreet graphics card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS