Question My GPU doesn't click into the motherboard?

Dec 13, 2022
Hi,
I thought today was the day that I would plug in my PC but I can't for the love of god put my gpu in my motherboard. I even went so far and unplugged everything and took my motherboard out of my case to see if the case was causing any issues but no. I've really tried to use force and already scratched the gold plates on the GPU so I really don't want to go full force again since it doesn't seem to get me anywhere.. does anyone have any idea what I could do cause I am running out of ideas..
GPU: asus radeon 6700 xt
mobo: Z690 gaming x ddr4

Hi,
I thought today was the day that I would plug in my PC but I can't for the love of god put my gpu in my motherboard. I even went so far and unplugged everything and took my motherboard out of my case to see if the case was causing any issues but no. I've really tried to use force and already scratched the gold plates on the GPU so I really don't want to go full force again since it doesn't seem to get me anywhere.. does anyone have any idea what I could do cause I am running out of ideas..
GPU: asus radeon 6700 xt
mobo: Z690 gaming x ddr4
Did you make sure the locking tab on the mobo is pulled all the way back to allow the card to slide in and lock into place

Tennis987

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
With the card out can you move the latch by hand (if not, or if it just falls flat again) it might be the latch at fault?

Or, (and do double check the card is straight) its just a tight slot and the card needs a gentle last push for it to close - however: proceed with caution; if your not a experiencend builder and not sure how much is gentle and how much is abnormal then dont try that.

A picture of it inside would help too.

skaz

Distinguished
In addition to making sure that tab is pulled back before inserting the card, make sure the metal brackets are actually going between your mobo and the case, and they haven't popped out the other side of the case.

Dec 13, 2022
In addition to making sure that tab is pulled back before inserting the card, make sure the metal brackets are actually going between your mobo and the case, and they haven't popped out the other side of the case.
I took my mobo out of my case and tried to put gpu in that way just to see if the case was causing any issues but nope /: