Question My hard drive is detectable with almost all partitions but not bootable or accessible

May 10, 2019
Hi, I have a z77a-g45 motherboard, with a i3 3220, my pc was working fine gpu cpu hdd and so one the it froze I thought it was a system lag or something like that but nothing worked I restarted it and it rebooted normally I logged into windows and some minutes after it froze again tryed everything but nothing waited but nothing then I restarted and the hdd did not get recognized I shut it off opened it checked everything RE plugged the hdd to be sure its good and nothing I switched ports it got detected but it couldn't bott and my bios entered in uefi shell with all the blocks info above and detected partitions, but nothing, I got my laptop (working perfectly) removed the hdd tryed plugging it but the same result one sata port is not detecting anything and the other is detecting it but I can't neither boot it or acces it, I booted Linux from a USB drive and tryed accessing the petitions but I can't and with gparted I can't mount and it can't read it and in the info tab of gparted it says (failed to read Las sector) and it suggests that its probable raid or not setup correctly or the petition table is corrupted or the boot sector is corrupted(NTFS size is not valid).

My hdd is not on raid and it's probably fine bc it's the same thing with the laptop hdd, and before the probl my hdd was totally fine, I suspect that my power suplly is not giving enough amperage or low voltage, or maybe the sata ports are dead, idk about the sata ports if anyone knows what can be the cause please help.

Info : it detects & partitions but it's missing 5 more 4 (4gb) partitions and one in the 250 ich the partitions are just wrong with one 500 gb partition that is named ram2 which is totally wrong.
Hi, I have a z77a-g45 motherboard, with a i3 3220, my pc was working fine gpu cpu hdd and so one the it froze I thought it was a system lag or something like that but nothing worked I restarted it and it rebooted normally I logged into windows and some minutes after it froze again tryed everything but nothing waited but nothing then I restarted and the hdd did not get recognized I shut it off opened it checked everything RE plugged the hdd to be sure its good and nothing I switched ports it got detected but it couldn't bott and my bios entered in uefi shell with all the blocks info above and detected partitions, but nothing, I got my laptop (working perfectly) removed the hdd tryed plugging it but the same result one sata port is not detecting anything and the other is detecting it but I can't neither boot it or acces it, I booted Linux from a USB drive and tryed accessing the petitions but I can't and with gparted I can't mount and it can't read it and in the info tab of gparted it says (failed to read Las sector) and it suggests that its probable raid or not setup correctly or the petition table is corrupted or the boot sector is corrupted(NTFS size is not valid).

My hdd is not on raid and it's probably fine bc it's the same thing with the laptop hdd, and before the probl my hdd was totally fine, I suspect that my power suplly is not giving enough amperage or low voltage, or maybe the sata ports are dead, idk about the sata ports if anyone knows what can be the cause please help.

Info : it detects & partitions but it's missing 5 more 4 (4gb) partitions and one in the 250 ich the partitions are just wrong with one 500 gb partition that is named ram2 which is totally wrong.
I suspect it's the power supply that is not supplying the right voltage or enough amprage for the hdd.

May 10, 2019
UUpdate, I just tryed with another working power supply and it's the same thing and I tried the Hard drive on another pc and it's recognizable and working fine with windows booting fine, idk now if it's Sata ports or motherboard or bios