[SOLVED] My mobo that I am planning to purcarse may have issues

Feb 14, 2020
On pc part picker this error comes up “NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable.” Will this be an issue? Thanks

Solution
I got a NZXT H510, the only issue is on the top there is only one USB port but on my mobo there is 2, therefor it wouldn’t fit right?
Your motherboard has a USB3.2 Type A header only, no type C -- so yes you can only fit a Type A header for that port. The case has 2 USB 3.2 ports (one Type A that you will use and one Type C that you will not without an adapter).

Although the other case Type C port cannot be used unless you buy a PCIe adapter, it's a good "future-proof" feature for a case though.

RealBeast

Titan
On pc part picker this error comes up “NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable.” Will this be an issue? Thanks
Your motherboard has "1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)" so you would need a PCIe car like THIS if you want to use the front port.

USB Type-C describes the physical connector type, USB 1-3.2 everything is forward and backward compatible except the port type -- C is much smaller than A.

Feb 14, 2020
Your motherboard has "1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)" so you would need a PCIe car like THIS if you want to use the front port.

USB Type-C describes the physical connector type, USB 1-3.2 everything is forward and backward compatible except the port type -- C is much smaller than A.
So i just wont be able to use one USB port?

Feb 14, 2020
You will not be able to use the USB3.2 Type C port, Google the picture of it and you will see how it differs from the well known Type A port (white for 2.0 or blue for 3.0).
I got a NZXT H510, the only issue is on the top there is only one USB port but on my mobo there is 2, therefor it wouldn’t fit right?

RealBeast

Titan
Your motherboard has a USB3.2 Type A header only, no type C -- so yes you can only fit a Type A header for that port. The case has 2 USB 3.2 ports (one Type A that you will use and one Type C that you will not without an adapter).

Although the other case Type C port cannot be used unless you buy a PCIe adapter, it's a good "future-proof" feature for a case though.

Solution
Feb 14, 2020

What are some goof mobo for that case for under 130? And PSU

RealBeast

Titan
What are some goof mobo for that case for under 130? And PSU
Even the B450 and B550 motherboards do not have USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C headers, just rear ports. The connector is too new to be that common. There are very few peripheral devices that use it at this point. I would not select a board for that, your board choice is fine. You can wait and when you need a front Type C connector buy an adapter -- by then they will be really cheap.

Feb 14, 2020
Even the B450 and B550 motherboards do not have USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C headers, just rear ports. The connector is too new to be that common. There are very few peripheral devices that use it at this point. I would not select a board for that, your board choice is fine. You can wait and when you need a front Type C connector buy an adapter -- by then they will be really cheap.
But my board cant overclock and i dont think it supports many gpu’s i have a 1050 ti right now and planning to upgrade

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
About the only thing nowadays that even remotely common use of a Usb-C is new cellphones and some cameras. Fortunately the most common connection for the cell phone chargers is a USB-A, regular old square port like all the other USB on the front of the pc.

So unless you have a very specific need for type C connection and the boost in speed it can offer vrs a USB 3.2 type A, it's pretty much no better or worse than what most cases come equipped with already.

AMD doesn't even bother using that header yet, because the vast majority of ppl don't use a C to C connector, they use plain Jane A to C cell phone charge/data usb cables found in any gas station for $6.

Reactions: RealBeast
Feb 14, 2020
About the only thing nowadays that even remotely common use of a Usb-C is new cellphones and some cameras. Fortunately the most common connection for the cell phone chargers is a USB-A, regular old square port like all the other USB on the front of the pc.

So unless you have a very specific need for type C connection and the boost in speed it can offer vrs a USB 3.2 type A, it's pretty much no better or worse than what most cases come equipped with already.

AMD doesn't even bother using that header yet, because the vast majority of ppl don't use a C to C connector, they use plain Jane A to C cell phone charge/data usb cables found in any gas station for $6.
Well my issue is i got a case with 1 USB port on the top but the mobo has 2, if one doesnt go in the other wont fit

RealBeast

Titan
Well my issue is i got a case with 1 USB port on the top but the mobo has 2, if one doesnt go in the other wont fit
It has a rear port and you can always get a USB3 hub to set on top your desk if you don't want to use all the rear ports.

I have a couple of cables attached to rear motherboard ports up on my desk when needed since I used an old case on one of my builds -- i9-9900KF in an ancient Lian Li full tower.

It's not an issue that I would be concerned about since 99.99% of devices still use an A Type connector.

Feb 14, 2020
It has a rear port and you can always get a USB3 hub to set on top your desk if you don't want to use all the rear ports.

I have a couple of cables attached to rear motherboard ports up on my desk when needed since I used an old case on one of my builds -- i9-9900KF in an ancient Lian Li full tower.

It's not an issue that I would be concerned about since 99.99% of devices still use an A Type connector.
ok the case is coming either today or tomorrow so only a matter of time