[SOLVED] My PC Audio Isn't working

Jan 15, 2020
Watch the language
Hello. I'm totally new here and i just want help with this, suddenly my pc just messed up. I was playing and there happened some things:

1st: My PCs audio stopped working.

2nd: There's a red X on the audio icon.

3rd: My PC didn't recognize any audio dispositive, speaker, headphones or audio recording device.

4th: I couldn't turn up, down or mute the volume with the shortcust and same with the volume icon, when i right click it, it just opens the error fix thing but doesn't detect anything wrong.

Anyways, i just want help. Maybe my audio card Removed up but i preffer to be sure before buying another one. And yes, i tried rebooting the pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 15, 2020
You said earlier in "Start > PC Settings > System > Sound > Troubleshoot", it said everything is fine. What is listed in the drop-down window at the top under "Sound > Output > Choose your output device"?
Sorry but i don't know where's that exactly. All i know is that windows doesn't detect any audio device as installed, for example my laptop has integrated speakers in the bottom front of the laptop and they're not being detected, same with my headphones. I can't change the volume with shortcut keys because they do nothing, there's a red X on the audio icon in the task bar, when i play videos with audio on they lag and when i launch the audio troubleshooter it says everything is okay.

"Start > PC Settings > System > Sound> Output > Choose your output device"

Is anything listed? Is there more than one output device listed in the drop-down menu?

audio_device_3.png

Jan 15, 2020
It's difficult to guess what the problem might be without knowing what is inside your computer. Try downloading a free program called Speccy that will give a summary of the parts in your system. https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

Speccy.PNG

OS
Windows 10 pro 64 bits

CPU:
Intel(R) Celeron(R) N2808 @ 1.58GHz
Bay Trail-M 22nm Technology

RAM:
4 gb

Motherboard:
Intel Corporation Intel powered classmate PC (CPU 1)
%1 Chipset

Graphics:
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (Elitegroup)

Storage:
298GB Seagate ST320LM000 HM321HI (SATA ) 41° C

No optical disk drives

Audio:
Intel(R) Sound for screens

And also in audio there should be my speakers and headphones, but again my PC Doesn't detect them.

Jan 15, 2020
Also i'm using a Government Netbook from 2017, Santa Fe City and Province in Argentina. I know that will not give you much more information because there's not a lot of my exact same model but i said it just in case.