Question My PC is underpreforming, and it's driving me crazy.

Mar 16, 2023
So, i bought an RTX 3060 in August, and i started to notice that the performance of the pc is not as good as i toght. For example i have about 45-76 FPS At Fortnite, i can't play GTA V, BF V, Warzone and games like these. Before the 3060 i had a 750ti

Here are my specs:

CPU: i5 10400f (stock cooler)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Eagle OC 12gb
Motherboard: AsRock H470 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: Hyperx DDR4 16gb 3600mhz (single channel)
PSU: I have a 750w chieftec power supply (I cant remember the exact name of it sorry)

I tried so many fps boost guides, benchmarked everything i can, ran a memory diagnostic, tried DDU once, and i tried almost everything.
Keep in mind that i'm using V-Sync because i have a 1650 - 1050 Monitor as my main and i have screen tearing, but when i turn off the V-Sync it's still bad.
I don't know what's wrong with my pc i think of some driver, or system issue at least i hope.

Thank you for your time and effort to help me (It means a lot because i'm 16 years old and i don't have enough money to give it to experts.)

even if it makes your games look rubbish i would start by turning down all settings to minimum or off , next turn things up bit by bit to see what happens.
It is suprising how how much you can turn down some settings without noticing any difference

Mar 16, 2023
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
how full is the ssd?
malware scan the system?
latest motherboard bios?

The temp seems fine on both of them.
I have 50gb on the ssd so its not full.
I don't have any malware i actually checked that one.
But the bios, i haven't actually updated it.

Mar 16, 2023
even if it makes your games look rubbish i would start by turning down all settings to minimum or off , next turn things up bit by bit to see what happens.
It is suprising how how much you can turn down some settings without noticing any difference

I tried these a couple of times but it seems like it doesn't helps.

So, i bought an RTX 3060 in August, and i started to notice that the performance of the pc is not as good as i toght. For example i have about 45-76 FPS At Fortnite, i can't play GTA V, BF V, Warzone and games like these. Before the 3060 i had a 750ti

Here are my specs:

CPU: i5 10400f (stock cooler)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Eagle OC 12gb
Motherboard: AsRock H470 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: Hyperx DDR4 16gb 3600mhz (single channel)
PSU: I have a 750w chieftec power supply (I cant remember the exact name of it sorry)

I tried so many fps boost guides, benchmarked everything i can, ran a memory diagnostic, tried DDU once, and i tried almost everything.
Keep in mind that i'm using V-Sync because i have a 1650 - 1050 Monitor as my main and i have screen tearing, but when i turn off the V-Sync it's still bad.
I don't know what's wrong with my pc i think of some driver, or system issue at least i hope.

Thank you for your time and effort to help me (It means a lot because i'm 16 years old and i don't have enough money to give it to experts.)

To clarify, you have one stick of 16GB RAM? If so this is your biggest performance issue. Alawys use two sticks of matched RAM for best results.

Reactions: KyaraM
There's no way in hell that an RTX 3060 should be unable to play GTA V so there's definitely something wrong.

I would recommend running DDU and then re-installing the nVidia driver. If that doesn't work, then it's probably hardware problem with the card itself and I would recommend contacting Gigabyte about getting a warranty replacement.

You can download DDU >HERE<.