Question My RX Vega 64 keeps crashing/restarting while gaming at 4k ?

attack1one

Reputable
Mar 29, 2018
I have recently acquired an AMD RX Vega 64 from a friend of mine who have been using it for 2 years during which he had no issues with it whatsoever. When I installed it in my system it worked out of the box but there still seems to be a problem that I don't know what's causing it. After enabling super resolution and running game benchmarks at 4K it works for a bit before randomly resetting my PC. Now I have been Told that this is a power supply issue and my guesses that it is.
However my power supply does not seem to be doing too bad since I bought it new and used it in my system for 6 months during which I was using an RX 580 card, And I had none of these issues even while running games at 4k (of course the performance was garbo but the card never crashed) So I don't really know how to solve this issue. I tries swapping the PCIE cables (there is only two) and I tried using the one coming from the main cables on the right. it would work fine on 1080p and 1440p but it would always crash at 4k.
My system specs are:
AMD RYZEN 5 PRO 4650G
MSI B450 PRO VDH MAX
TEAMGROUP 16GB @3200MHz (2x8GB)
XFX AMD RADEON RX VEGA 64
COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO GOLD 800W MODULAR PSU