[SOLVED] Need Help. Not recognising devices

May 2, 2019
Hi guys,

Hoping someone could lend me their knowledge and help me figure out what's going on. I just installed a new m.2 SSD this morning and everything was fine. I installed windows on it and only had that storage device connected at the time. I reboot after reconnecting my old SSD (which didn't have windows on it) and a new HDD via SATA cables and now they aren't being recognised which is weird because my old SSD was being recognised about an hour ago and was working perfectly fine before I installed this new m.2 SSD into the system. I had a look in the BIOS and the SATA ports said they had nothing connected to them?

I've tried unplugging and using different SATA cables, I've tried taking out the power supply cable and holding down the power button to discharge the system but to no avail. I'm going to keep trying to find a solution and will hopefully keep you guys posted.

Feel free to respond, any advice is appreciated.

Edit:

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3
RAM: Hyperx 2x8gb
Graphics card: MSi GTX 1050ti (I think 4gb GDDR5)
PSU: Not too sure, believe it's a powercool 850W. Worked for years.
Current SSD: Force MP510 M.2
Old SSD (which worked fine 2 hours ago): Toshiba A100

Last edited:
Solution
UPDATE: After some research I found out that the M.2 SSD disable two of the sata ports and it just so heppened to be the two ports I was using. I plugged my SATA cables into other SATA ports and now all is well.
May 2, 2019
Been rebooting a couple of times and can confirm that the HDD is spinning/receiving power to it so must be a SATA connection thing? I have multiple SATA cables so will try a bunch to see

May 2, 2019
I've tried multiple SATA cables in both slots on both my old SSD and HDD seperately and nothing seems to be appearing in windows or the BIOS. Is it possible the SATA ports on my motherboard are dead?

May 2, 2019
For starters, you haven't listed any of your computer parts at all, so if you have a problem you need to list parts.
you can't phone up a car garage and say, my car doesn't start without telling them what it is specifically.

My bad, first time using the site.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3
RAM: Hyperx 2x8gb
Graphics card: MSi GTX 1050ti (I think 4gb GDDR5)
PSU: Not too sure, believe it's a powercool 850W. Worked for years.
Current SSD: Force MP510 M.2
Old SSD (which worked fine 2 hours ago): Toshiba A100

May 2, 2019
UPDATE: After some research I found out that the M.2 SSD disable two of the sata ports and it just so heppened to be the two ports I was using. I plugged my SATA cables into other SATA ports and now all is well.

Solution