AtomicPrime

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
Hey y'all
I'm using an ASUS Prime B250M-A motherboard and thinking about the Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe 500GB SSD and wondering if it'll be compatible with the motherboard. On ASUS' website I saw no reference to an NVMe interface but only an M.2 x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidths. And on PC Part Picker it said it was compatible with my build.

Solution
"On ASUS' website I saw no reference to an NVMe interface but only an M.2 x4 PCI Express"

For M.2 SSD, PCI Express and NVMe means the same thing so it is compatible with your board.

Your board has two M.2 slots and both slots are compatible with NVMe SSD.
Hey y'all
I'm using an ASUS Prime B250M-A motherboard and thinking about the Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe 500GB SSD and wondering if it'll be compatible with the motherboard. On ASUS' website I saw no reference to an NVMe interface but only an M.2 x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidths. And on PC Part Picker it said it was compatible with my build.
M.2 x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 is actually NVMe. x2 would mean SATA speeds.

"On ASUS' website I saw no reference to an NVMe interface but only an M.2 x4 PCI Express"

For M.2 SSD, PCI Express and NVMe means the same thing so it is compatible with your board.

Your board has two M.2 slots and both slots are compatible with NVMe SSD.

Solution