[SOLVED] Need your professional advice on these used cards.

orika

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017
So i'm basically searching for the best used deals i can find in india, there's a red dragon rx 480 8gb for around 85-90 usd converted and an rx 570 sapphire pulse for 100 usd. I really wanted this sapphire nitro 480 8gb but with warranty only till may of 2021 and i thought it had the sapphire logo lighting but turns out it was the nitro+ edition.He wanted 110 for it.
I do get offers on rx 580s also but they reach the pricy side for me, but i feel buying the 4 gig card of that would be a shame. I did however get an offer for an amd rx 480 8gb blower edition for $95.
Literally getting flooded with used deals in a country where i thought a second hand market for computer components didn't exist. So please do tell which would be the absolute best. I'm kinda how should you say, a slow gamer. Never played gta 5 in my life so i have a lot of catching up to do, like a lot

Solution
From what i can see, i will have to undervolt all any of these since temps are all high. However i'm not gonna switch my gpu for close to 2 years minimum and i feel the 8 gig vram would be goof for it. Should i take the risk and go for the rx 480 even after all your advice lol
Temps are high from what?
Performance is only as good as the weakest link. In the subject of cooling, the design of your case has the biggest impact. If your case cooling sucks, it affects how well everything else keeps cool.

I don't think anyone fully saturates 8GBs of Vram unless they're running a 4k monitor.
4GBs is pretty limiting. That's not 1080p High/Ultra settings capable in some titles.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Make and model of the power supply?
RX 480/580 is not a card to run with a home/office type of power supply.
If your psu isn't up to the task, then I'd have to point you towards the RX 570... and if it's really poor quality, I will then tell you to change it first.

orika

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017
Make and model of the power supply?
RX 480/580 is not a card to run with a home/office type of power supply.
If your psu isn't up to the task, then I'd have to point you towards the RX 570... and if it's really poor quality, I will then tell you to change it first.
PSU is good i can give you that, antec vp500pc. It's not gold tier or diamond tier but it does get the job done

orika

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017
RX 570.
I wouldn't trust a general purpose unit to reliably handle an RX 480/580.
I bought this from a friend of mine who ran it for a year with an asus gtx 1060 6 gig. I don't really think it's a crap psu at all. I presume you checked through the other threads in the forums and landed on some old 2015 versions? It does have 2 dual rail 12vs totalling to 408w. Bought in 2017 btw

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I saw those, and more recent threads.
It appears to be a decent, budget psu. The RX 570 is one of the best choices available for people on tight budgets.

The power supply is the most important part of a PC. The quality of the unit should at least match that of the parts inside.
The Antec VP500PC is an entry level psu. The RX 570 should be fine with it.

The RX 480/580 is a mid range card, but is a fair bit more power hungry compared to it's competition. Your current psu is not a good match for it.

Reactions: dotas1

orika

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017
I saw those, and more recent threads.
It appears to be a decent, budget psu. The RX 570 is one of the best choices available for people on tight budgets.

The power supply is the most important part of a PC. The quality of the unit should at least match that of the parts inside.
The Antec VP500PC is an entry level psu. The RX 570 should be fine with it.

The RX 480/580 is a mid range card, but is a fair bit more power hungry compared to it's competition. Your current psu is not a good match for it.
From what i can see, i will have to undervolt all any of these since temps are all high. However i'm not gonna switch my gpu for close to 2 years minimum and i feel the 8 gig vram would be goof for it. Should i take the risk and go for the rx 480 even after all your advice lol

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Performance is only as good as the weakest link. In the subject of cooling, the design of your case has the biggest impact. If your case cooling sucks, it affects how well everything else keeps cool.

I don't think anyone fully saturates 8GBs of Vram unless they're running a 4k monitor.
4GBs is pretty limiting. That's not 1080p High/Ultra settings capable in some titles.

Solution

orika

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017

So rx 570?