Jul 2, 2021
Hello! So i have this problem like.. 2-3 weeks ago. I have a 4G router where you put a sim card in it and so i plug it to my computer. So first thing first, i can use the internet to my phone (i type this with my phone, if i use my pc it would load anything lol). I can use any phone to my router without problem. But when i use it to my pc, at first, it will act like normal internet without problem for like 5-10 mins. Then after that, it wouldn't load any websites, wouldn't load any applications (steam, etc) and I can't even connect to online multiplayer games from steam without getting connection problem (it wouldn't connect to any server). But i can watch YouTube without problem (well sometimes like loading problem) but overall it's okay with YouTube. I can watch any videos. But that's it, only YouTube and multiplayer game (csgo) with sometimes high ping and disconnected. So please help me. I've been depressed from this... I can't do anything like usual without having connection problem. I can only watch YouTube and play csgo with high ping (only csgo, can't play online with other games). Please, any help would be appropriate!
(Note: I've already put the sim card to my phone so i used my hotspot connection but still wouldn't work either)

Solution
So many things that can cause this when you use a complex setup like that.

First I would try a ethernet cable connected to connect your pc to the router. This will eliminate at least one of the wifi signals.

Leave a constant ping run to a IP like 8.8.8.8. This is to see if you are getting packet loss to the internet. If you are you likely need to find a better place for the router that can get a stronger signal from the cell tower.

When you can get fairly consistent ping times to 8.8.8.8 I would then attempt to set 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server in the IPv4 settings in your pc. Sometimes the ISP DNS will have issues and you get pages that don't load but stuff that is already open like youtube works fine. When you are...
So many things that can cause this when you use a complex setup like that.

First I would try a ethernet cable connected to connect your pc to the router. This will eliminate at least one of the wifi signals.

Leave a constant ping run to a IP like 8.8.8.8. This is to see if you are getting packet loss to the internet. If you are you likely need to find a better place for the router that can get a stronger signal from the cell tower.

When you can get fairly consistent ping times to 8.8.8.8 I would then attempt to set 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server in the IPv4 settings in your pc. Sometimes the ISP DNS will have issues and you get pages that don't load but stuff that is already open like youtube works fine. When you are in the settings I would also disable the IPv6. Sometimes ISP have poor IPv6 support and pages will only partially load because they are using a mix of ipv4 and ipv6.

BUT the most likely issue is you do not have a strong enough signal from the cell tower so you need to be sure that is good and you do not see packet loss before you get too far into changing other stuff.

Solution
Jul 2, 2021
Yes, i connect an Ethernet cable to my pc. But i also use modem that connect the router to my pc, but it wouldn't work either. If it was the problem from the cell tower signal, no it's not. It's opens YouTube without problem and at 1080p. And also no problem with other devices like my phone. My ISP have the strongest signal. It's not like this before.

TRENDING THREADS