Question New Build won’t turn on

Oct 28, 2024
I already tested my PSU with the tester that came with it and it worked. When I plugged in all of the necessary cables into the motherboard and turned on the PSU switch, the CPU cooler fan light would flash once but when I clicked the power button on the case nothing would happen.

I have tried putting both RAM sticks individually in every slot, and I have already made sure I plugged in fully each cable while also trying to jump the Power Sw +\-

Is it possible that the PSU can still be faulty even if the tester it came with worked? I have been trying to figure out this issue for 10+ hours but still can't find a solution.

Note: My first MOBO was DOA when it came in so l got a new one, so I don't think the MOBO is the problem

Try removing everything but the CPU. If the system responds properly add one item at a time. I have seen a great deal of weird problems in 35 years of working in computer hardware.

By the way, Firefox will not allow me to look at your pictures because another site has it embedded. And, I didn't force the image to display.

You may have a problem with misplaced or missing stand-offs. See my post of July 14/24 in this thread

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...whats-wrong-with-my-pc.3849350/#post-23300248

for an explanation of what MUST be done to get these items right.
Good idea mentioning stand-offs. In addition to supplied metal stand-offs, for decades I used cut to length sections of glue gun sticks in unsupported areas for my computers as well as those I built for others. Solves the problem of possible inadvertent grounding, closed circuit.

Sep 20, 2024
Standoffs and front panel connectors too.
Everything can be in working order but if the +/-s pins aren't right, you'll get nada.