New Community Trophy Contest

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2019
Like the idea of Trophies, and hope TOM's Hardware grows and reaches many other people, especially those looking for answers and salutations, its one of thee best site to look up information of technology...

Reactions: Banned by Net

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
"Cross Reference"
Writing a post or starting a thread that gets quoted by other members in other threads. The level goes up by in how many other threads it's quoted.
Suggested design: "..." or "X" (including the quotation marks).

"The Samaritan" (Helping those that nobody else will.)
Post the first answer in a thread after it's at least a week old, and get that post nominated as best answer.
Suggested design: A handshake.

Necromancer: reply to 1 inactive thread older than 6 months. White skull.
Lich: reply to 5 inactive threads older than 6 months. Black skull.
Dracolich: reply to 10 inactive threads older than 6 months. Dragon skull.

Edit: just saw someone else already said that...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
We need a trophy for vendor accounts that get defined as the best answer for a thread. Ex: Joe User selects the Cooler Master official account answer as the best for his thread discussion. Idea is to get more involvement from the vendor community in the forums.

Something like a medic badge or maybe the Maytag guy?

I like the idea of a user that has been inactive for 6+ months and then comes back (window of time to be determined later).

Badge would be a Phoenix.

Reactions: Uri Abraham

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
We need a trophy for vendor accounts that get defined as the best answer for a thread. Ex: Joe User selects the Cooler Master official account answer as the best for his thread discussion. Idea is to get more involvement from the vendor community in the forums.

Something like a medic badge or maybe the Maytag guy?

I like the idea of a user that has been inactive for 6+ months and then comes back (window of time to be determined later).

Badge would be a Phoenix.
I absolutely love it!

How about a Super-sleuth Trophy signifying someone who finds that little "something" that solves someone's problem/puzzle after all else has failed.
A Sherlock Holmes badge would probably be perfect for that.

IDK about that one. That's usually not due to anybody being a super detective. It's usually because there's been incompetent, er, less than adequately experienced "help" prior to somebody coming along that actually knows what they're talking about. Practically every member with at least one authority badge would have earned every level of super sleuth badge if that was the case.

craptopsquad

Proper
Oct 12, 2018
Title: The Know-it-all
Description/how to get: Get 10 best answers in every category
Picture: Nerd kid (Glasses. Typical nerd. Picture example attached.)
Nerd_with_Glasses_Emoji_2a8485bc-f136-4156-9af6-297d8522d8d1_grande.png

I know some people have already made suggestions regarding retro hardware trophies... but I submit for your approval, a different name.

Potato Farmer
10 Best answers for older or retro hardware questions
Obvious icon is obvious, a potato.

Reactions: Onus
Feb 18, 2019
"BIG TIME" this would be a cool trophy, or "Trope King" also would be cool, both would be for folks with a particular type of flair? The trope king would be a crown with flame for the so called unflinching walk you see in a lot of cool movies. Big time trophy would be a big dog?

"Return of the Jedi"
Long period of inactivity (a year, or possibly different levels?) and then returning and being active in the community, gotta give respect to all those who lost their way and have found their way back to the forums.
Image: Light-saber or something starwarsy.

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Name: The Loud Thinker
How: Bring up issues, questions and/or dilemmas and solve them by yourself eventually. By making a choice, finding a fix, or coming up with creative solutions. And in that fixing your problem and helping others with similar issues.
Icon: Thought bubbles and face emoting shout/talk.

I know some people have already made suggestions regarding retro hardware trophies... but I submit for your approval, a different name.

Potato Farmer
10 Best answers for older or retro hardware questions
Obvious icon is obvious, a potato.

What if re referenced GLaDOS as a potato somehow in that? I think it would be a nice addition, and it’d give proper to a somewhat older game.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Multitasker trophy could be called Cephalopod that would look like an Octopus, for giving 8 (*or whatever number solved answers required)solved answers in eight different help categories would be named Larvae, for *16 solved answers in eight categories be called Hatchling, and *32 solved answers in 8 different categories called Octopus, and *64 answers in 8 different categories be called Kraken.

R0GG

Distinguished
  1. Perseverance badge (symbol open to suggestions)
  2. Die-Hard badge : multiple occurrence of the perseverance trait (example x7)
(Symbol: open to suggestions)

Perseverance trophy: try to answer OP question and follows through frequently and interactively with pertinent guidance answering OP and discussing other posters arising questions and suggestions multiple times with diligence and politeness (++), accompanying the OP researching the issue making it it's own, until issue is resolved/or even not in some cases, by either the member in question or even resolved by other participants input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Onus
That is what you are supposed to do anyway. The idea isn't to fling one liner solutions in the hope that as many stick as possible. If you're going to help somebody, you SHOULD stick with them until you've exhausted the limits of your own experience or helpfulness. In every thread you participate in, with some few exceptions of course such as when it's clear the OP doesn't have the mentation to comprehend or apply the advice that's been given or is unwilling to apply the solutions offered.

Not sure there should be a badge for fulfilling a quality that hopefully every member understands should be prerequisite and is pretty highly subjective anyhow, but maybe. I really don't see any way to gauge that in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.