YegoRivera

Reputable
Feb 5, 2017
Hi everyone , yesterday I finished a completely new PC build with the following specs:
CPU:core i9 10900k
GPU:EVGA 2080 super black
MOBO:AORUS Z490 elite (LGA1200)
PSU:AORUS AP 850 GM (850W 80plus gold)
COOLER: NZXT Kraken x73
RAM:G skill trident neo 32gb
Storage: 1tb Kingston nmve m2
Storage2:2tb Western Digital 7200rpm HDD
I have previously build a couple of PC without problem ,the thing with this one is that once I press the start button it won't boot ,even the system fans dont move and the GPU rgb with the built in fans don't work neither.The water cooler pump and RGB works ,the RAM RGB and the HDD also seem to be working fine .
I'm getting a solid red led on my mobo with the label "CPU" ,the manual says this label mean 3 things the CPU is not powered properly or the CPU is fried or the MOBO is fried and the manual don't seem to help me in any way ....
I've checked every connection over and over and it's properly connected i don't think i have fried a 1000 usd brand new CPU I took every precaution such as my antistatic wrist band and working on a clean non conductive surface...
Do anyone has any clue what's going on with this computer ? Im getting mad trying to solve this issue..
Thanks to everyone

Solution
Do you have any PC that you can borrow to test the components? Either your friend's or your family member's. Either the CPU or the Mobo is the culprit. Try to test the CPU on other Mobo. But it could be the failure of brand new Motherboard.

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Is it possible to have a bent pin on a brand new mobo ?
When you placed the CPU and lock it, it might bend either the CPU or the Mobo's pin. But most of the time it'll bend the CPU's pin. So yeah. It's not the mobo's fault but more likely to human mistake. Worth the while for you to check tho.

YegoRivera

Reputable
Feb 5, 2017
When you placed the CPU and lock it, it might bend either the CPU or the Mobo's pin. But most of the time it'll bend the CPU's pin. So yeah. It's not the mobo's fault but more likely to human mistake. Worth the while for you to check tho.
[/QUOTEi

I checked the socket pins they are fine all pins are fine but I noticed the MOBO has 2 rgb strips that flash once and then turn off when I attempt to start the pc .I'm suspecting a motherboard manufacturing error, considering also this motherboard is version 1.0 just came out in April

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Do you have any PC that you can borrow to test the components? Either your friend's or your family member's. Either the CPU or the Mobo is the culprit. Try to test the CPU on other Mobo. But it could be the failure of brand new Motherboard.

Solution