Sahir Dizdarevic

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
Hi.

My old monitor is dead and now I have to buy new one.

I am wondering if aoc c24g1 is going to be compatible with my r9 270x dcu2oc?

I know my gpu is old and it doesn't support freesync, but I am going to buy all new PC next year probably, so I wonder if I'm going to be able to connect and use this brand new monitor with 1080p and 144hz with my old gpu even it doesn't support freesync!?

Thanks in advance :).

Solution
Yes, you'll be able to get picture just fine. The GPU has VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort, which are all the most common display connections, so any old or new monitor will work. The GPU's max resolution appears to be 2560 x 1600, so 1080p is definitely covered. Might not be able to get 144Hz out of it though, at least without dropping the resolution. FreeSync is a completely optional feature that GPUs and monitors have, don't worry about your GPU not having it. It's not required!
Yes, you'll be able to get picture just fine. The GPU has VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort, which are all the most common display connections, so any old or new monitor will work. The GPU's max resolution appears to be 2560 x 1600, so 1080p is definitely covered. Might not be able to get 144Hz out of it though, at least without dropping the resolution. FreeSync is a completely optional feature that GPUs and monitors have, don't worry about your GPU not having it. It's not required!

Reactions: Sahir Dizdarevic
Solution