May 29, 2020
I recently purchased a Gigabyte B450m DS3H motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 2600 to upgrade from my 2015 pre-built. Upon install, my computer turned on fine. I used the packaged BIOS driver disk to install the drivers, during which a computer restart was required. The computer shut down, but did not power back on. The power button also did not turn the computer back on. I had to flip the PSU switch off, then back on, then the power button would turn the computer on. The drivers finished installing and I tried to restart again. Same problem, PSU switch had to be flipped off and back on for the power button to work. I left the computer on for 10 minutes and it shut off by itself. I turned it on a few more times and it would shut off between 10 minutes and an hour later. After the last shut down, the computer will no longer turn on no matter what I do. I would like to determine where the problem is, I don't know if it's a problem with the motherboard, wiring, drivers, or if the power supply just cant handle it. My PSU is Enermax and is 450w. I also have a GTX 1050 Ti installed.

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
I recently purchased a Gigabyte B450m DS3H motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 2600 to upgrade from my 2015 pre-built. Upon install, my computer turned on fine. I used the packaged BIOS driver disk to install the drivers, during which a computer restart was required. The computer shut down, but did not power back on. The power button also did not turn the computer back on. I had to flip the PSU switch off, then back on, then the power button would turn the computer on. The drivers finished installing and I tried to restart again. Same problem, PSU switch had to be flipped off and back on for the power button to work. I left the computer on for 10 minutes and it shut off by itself. I turned it on a few more times and it would shut off between 10 minutes and an hour later. After the last shut down, the computer will no longer turn on no matter what I do. I would like to determine where the problem is, I don't know if it's a problem with the motherboard, wiring, drivers, or if the power supply just cant handle it. My PSU is Enermax and is 450w. I also have a GTX 1050 Ti installed.
I concur with hang-the-9 - power supply.

While Enermax is a low tier manufacturer - nothing you have gets even close to 1/3rd the rated power. Never skimp on power supplies - they are the single most important component in your PC

I, too, concur with the PSU being the likely trouble spot. While PSUs are still a little on the steep side price wise due to all the COVID crap, I'd find a good quality replacement unit. There's a great PSU thread over in that section detailing tons of them. Take a look there and use what you find as a basis for a replacement.

May 29, 2020
SOLVED: Power supply was the issue, got a replacement from the list of compatible power supplies on the motherboard manufacturer's website. Just to be safe, upsized to 750w.