Aug 27, 2020
Hi, so I bought a new daily basis PC to work with. And work well until like 2 weeks of building it, I start getting beautiful Windows BSOD. I don't know if there is a Windows update causing this, or my PC is causing the trouble.

All start when I needed to render a big scene in VRay -Sketchup-, so I set all to start, but when finishing load all the assets, (unlike before: when the PC get out of memory, Sketchup should just crash meaning the scene was too overloaded for the PC) this time the PC just freeze. So I hit the restart button and get stuck at post (WTF). So immediately I just power off and power on, so then it will boot (idk for some reason if I reboot after BSOD or crash it just get stuck at post).

Next days some times get stuck, sometimes gets BSOD at rendering, but until less than a week, BSOD start randomly appear at normal workload (Word, web, video...), and sometimes even 10 minutes after boot Windows. Or sometimes just not.

I did my homework, I search a lot and check the memory with windows tool and memtest86 no errors, did checkdisk no errors, BIOS update, drivers update, drivers deactivation, and nothing (not Windows updates 'cause I updated on the first boot).

I have NOT OC the CPU, just set the RAM to the stock speed (3200MHz), I don't know may be the PSU but I've red that is just not the case maybe.

I came to the conclusion that in fact the crashes start when I install the chipset drivers to mi mobo but I'm not sure. It only work well on Windows secure boot, no crashes.

Sorry if the message is not well understood, I'm from Argentina.

Thanks folks.

---------------------PC SPECS---------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X
Cooler: Stock
MOBO: ASUS B450M PRIME (3000 ready)
GPU: AFOX NVIDIA GT 710 2GB (my old one)
RAM: 16GB - ADATA 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4
SSD: ADATA M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB 2280
PSU: 500W (included with the case, kinda cheap, but should get the work I guess)
1HDD: WD 250GB (an old HDD that I use for games)
2HDD: External USB 3.0 2TB Toshiba
Monitor: SAMSUNG SyncMaster 720p 60Hz (my old one)

Aug 27, 2020
I so I've tried various things until the last update. And It's been like 3 days since I swapped the RAM sticks and unbelievebly worked. So is that or the Windows 2004 new update from Microshi*. Anyways I've bought a certified PSU and it's in shipping so as soon as it arrives I'm going to install it anyways.

But if there's anyone who is here by googleing I recommend swap RAM sticks or change places (if you have one) maybe readjust de CPU or MB power cables cause they're loose (yeah) or update your PC.

TRENDING THREADS