[SOLVED] New psu but computer doesnt even boot

Leonbidis

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
I just bought a high quality psu evga supernova 550 g2, because my pc used to restart at random times or when i stress tested the gpu . Even if it wasnt the psu the problem, and its my motherboard why does my pc not even boot after installing the new psu?

The signs i get are really weird, when i try to power it on first it tries to start but some fans dont even start then it restarts, it even beeps once to tell me everything is fine, but after the post logo it restarts again. I have removed my gpu and even the system fans but still no boot. Keep in mind that with my previous psu it was working fine i just used to get random restarts seldom.

Any help will be appreciated!

Solution
I tried turning it on connecting only the 24 pin mobo connectir and the cou coller ones, using the mobo vga but again it went into a restart loop. Im really confused because even with the supposedly faulty psu it used to work it just did random restarts when under load. But now it restart loops even with the old one. Resetting cmos didnt help.

You're missing the CPU power connector. You only said the 24 pin and the cooler. You did not say CPU power connector which should be connected too.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I concur with @rgd1101 - and in the past I've personally made the mistake forgetting one connector, or in another case not quite 100% completely seating a connector, etc.

Trying to disconnect and reconnect the MB connectors, and PCIe connectors, I think, would be the first step.

Leonbidis

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
I concur with @rgd1101 - and in the past I've personally made the mistake forgetting one connector, or in another case not quite 100% completely seating a connector, etc.

Trying to disconnect and reconnect the MB connectors, and PCIe connectors, I think, would be the first step.
I tried turning it on connecting only the 24 pin mobo connectir and the cou coller ones, using the mobo vga but again it went into a restart loop. Im really confused because even with the supposedly faulty psu it used to work it just did random restarts when under load. But now it restart loops even with the old one. Resetting cmos didnt help.

You're missing the CPU power connector. You only said the 24 pin and the cooler. You did not say CPU power connector which should be connected too.

Reactions: King_V
Solution

TRENDING THREADS