[SOLVED] New System Will Not Boot Into Windows 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2022
I am building a mid-range system to play some games. However, the system isn't booting into Windows 10 or 11 or Ubuntu even after multiple attempts of re-installing and troubleshooting.

System Specs (All parts are brand new):
  • CPU: Intel i3-10100f
  • GPU: MSI RX 6600
  • RAM: XPG Z1 DDR4 16 GB (2x8 GB)
  • Motherboard:
    • Original: MSI B560M-A Pro
    • New: ASUS Prime B560M-A AC
  • Storage: 1TB WD Green SN350
  • Case: NZXT H510
  • PSU:
    • Original: 500w Thermaltake Smart White
    • New: 500w EVGA Gold GD
What is happening:

Every time the system boots into Windows it shows the loading spinner for a few seconds then the screen changes to no input and the GPU fans stop spinning. The only success that we have had was booting Linux Lite off of a Bootable installation on a USB Drive. However, it will only boot off of the USB Installation if we start Linux Lite in safe mode, if we started it without safe mode we would get a message saying SGX was disabled by BIOS and it would do the same no input GPU fans stopped on both motherboards. Sometimes when starting Windows 11 it will go to automatic repair and then later say it was unable to repair Windows. I can send the log file provided by Windows if necessary, but I am not sure how I can get it off the PC to my laptop to upload.

What we have tried:

1. Wiping the drive and reinstalling Windows 10/11
  2. Swapping the ram for a known working set of 8 GB Sticks
  3. Swapping the M.2 SSD for a known working M.2 with windows 10 already on it (Same no input and GPU fans stop spinning after a few seconds loading.)
  4. Purchasing a brand new Motherboard and swapping the old one out.
  5. Purchasing a brand new PSU and swapping the old one out.
  6. Swapping the GPU with a known working RX 5600 XT
  7. New Thermal Paste on CPU
  8. I have updated the BIOS to the newest version found on the ASUS website
  9. Enabled Secure Boot
  10. Enabled TPM 2.0
  11. Enabled UEFI
  12. stress-ng ran on Linux Lite with --verify flags and no errors
  13. Booting Windows in safe mode (It restarted and instantly tried repairing itself and failed, didn't even start to load Windows)
Hypothesis:

The CPU has some sort of defect that causes the computer to crash when the GPU drivers are loaded or when the CPU attempts to access the M.2 drive. The CPU is the only component we haven't been able to replace due to no other CPU's on hand compatible with the LGA 1200 Socket.

I really don't want to return more parts if it could be an issue with BIOS configuration, I am thankful for anyone that can provide a possible solution and feel free to ask for more info! :D

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
try running prime95 on the CPU? at least we know you can run things off USB:

Prime 95 bootable - https://www.infopackets.com/news/10113/how-fix-bootable-prime95-stress-test-hardware

Prime 95 how to Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

could tell you if it is CPU

SGX was disabled by BIOS
Intel Software GUard Extensions
I find that adding the 'nosgx' boot parameter does indeed prevent the user from seeing the 'SGX disabled by bios' message, and related messagtes, at boot.
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=358981
not that it would fix the other features.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022
try running prime95 on the CPU?
I tried running the prime number test and I am getting these errors even after restarting and trying different tests multiple times:
yG8Qh5K.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
The CPU is the only component we haven't been able to replace due to no other CPU's on hand compatible with the LGA 1200 Socket.
I suspect the one part you haven't replaced is cause. If you have tested everything else.

Most of the PC I see with rcu_sched stalls seems to be Ryzen
It seems CPU core 7 could be the problem. If PC didn't already reject all other OS, I might have been less sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.