Question Newly built PC in a bootloop after switching RAM slots.

May 4, 2020
(SPECS):
1660 GTX Super
Ryzen 3600
ASRock B450 Pro4
16GB Ballistix memory
Hi,
My friend recently bought a new PC by parts and got them assembled by a professional service. He connected the PC to the monitor with a HDMI cable, it booted fine but there was no display at all on the monitor. I suggested him that he should swap the RAM slots and check if that works. After doing so the PC is stuck in a bootloop.
What we've tried:
-booting with one stick of RAM
-resetting the CMOS by both shorting CLRCMOS and removing the battery completly
-cleaning the memory slots.
with no effect.
He indicated that he may have damaged the RAM stick, cause there's a tiny black spot on the bottom of it(which can barely be seen here: View: https://imgur.com/a/Jzwk9Fo
). I don't think that's the issue, since all the pins are intact.
Thanks.

May 4, 2020
Full specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
ASRock B450 PRO4
Crucial Ballistix Sport Lt 2x8GB DDR4 3000
Plextor SSD M8VC 512GB
Seasonic S12III Bronze 500W
GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB

That picture is not really good to see anything. I can see a few black spot at the end but is this even the connectors? A side screenshot would be good to see.

When you say the system is stuck in a boot loop did you guys try to let the system restart minimum 3 times?

When you change the RAM or RAM settings the system will do something called "Memory Training". It's the system booting in a loop testing the RAM. It should boot like 3 times and give you signal after this.

Reactions: Moplop
May 4, 2020
That picture is not really good to see anything. I can see a few black spot at the end but is this even the connectors? A side screenshot would be good to see.

When you say the system is stuck in a boot loop did you guys try to let the system restart minimum 3 times?

When you change the RAM or RAM settings the system will do something called "Memory Training". It's the system booting in a loop testing the RAM. It should boot like 3 times and give you signal after this.
Friend's currently asleep, but the connectors are intact, not sure if he let the PC boot 3 times, I'll get back to you ASAP

May 4, 2020
Ok, so he woke up tried to boot it up and it rebooted 6 times before he had to leave for work, is that amount abnormal? There are no beeps or flashing LEDs on the motherboard.

Last edited: