Stenna

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
Hi all, I am having an issue and I can’t seem to get to the bottom of it.

I was playing online when I suddenly lost internet connection. I use a 5G router with a 5G SIM card. I figured connection must have dropped and shut down for the night.

The next day I noticed that my PC wasn’t connecting to the internet. My other devices were connected to the router, so I figured it may be the cable as I prefer Ethernet connection. Looking at my network option my Wifi wasn’t even listed and it was not picking up my Ethernet. I replaced the cable to no avail. I tried my router with other devices and it worked fine. But I was also not getting the wifi option either.

I figured it must be a driver issue and in device manager there was an error code for my wifi. Intel 6 ax200, I tried to update the driver manually from windows (as it’s not connected to the internet) and half way through then get an error message “this device cannot start. (Code 10)”. I have tried all of the things I could think of. Rolling back the drivers, uninstalling then reinstalling, downloading new drivers online onto a usb and reinstalling. Rolling back windows update. I finally formatted my SSD and did a clean install and still have the same issue.I updated the drivers but my wifi driver keeps giving a code 10 and won’t update even after I uninstall and reinstall it. I’ve tried all kinds of thing that I read in forums and none of them worked.

I finally read that maybe the NIC has dies (the Motherbord is 9 months old). So I bought a asus cg-c100 pcie ethernet adaptor. My PC recognises it, I installed the latest drivers. My network picks up the router but it says no internet. I am at a total loss as to what to do.
many suggestions?
Out of ideas and in need of some help please.

My build is:
ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII Formula
AMD 5950X
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC
Corsair Vengeance Pro 64GB ram
Samsung 980 pro m.2 1TB
Corsair AX1000
EKWB custom loop
Corsair obsidian 1000D

The only thing I can think is that it’s an issue with the MB, any thoughts ideas or help would be hugely appreciated.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include make and model information for: modem, router, or modem/router (if combined).

The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Stenna

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
Update your post to include make and model information for: modem, router, or modem/router (if combined).

The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

mot is a HUAWEI 5G CPE pro router that takes a data SIM card. I own it and have admin rights.

Ralston18

Titan

Stenna

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
Also on your PC ensure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled.

This router?

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/routers/5g-cpe-pro/

User Guide (verify that I found the applicable guide):

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/routers/5g-cpe-pro-2/

Use your web browser to access the router's admin pages. Look for any log related options and enable if necessary.

If the logs are enabled then access the logs to look for errors that correspond with the connection losses.

Thank you. The guide is for pro 2. This would potentially explain why the pcie adapter I bought isn’t working. Any ideas to why I’m getting the code 10 error for wifi adapter?